Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Besides stating the obvious, the short shingle run on the far right section is way off, even after just a few courses to the ridge.

Take photos at the 48 hour and 72 hour point after the most recent rain, as those are the most common definitions of standing or ponding water that is not supposed to be there.

Ed

·
Registered
76 Posts
I'm not a flat roofer but it looks like a pool was built in to this roof. Most of the time people will put a drain on a flat roof, buttttt maybe it was meant to be a pool.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Is there a clogged drain in that section?

Also, is that round black thing in the shingle mansard an overflow scupper for the other section on the right hand side of the fire wall?

Was the firewall added after the fact, which restricted the water flowage to the right side flat roof? I doubt it, but it needed to be asked.

Are there any blocked through-wall scuppers in the actual firewall itself?

Ed

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
it`s a bird bath !

·
Registered
755 Posts
I don't know how to walk on flat roofs, but is electrical lines supposed to be submerged? It would stop me in my tracks seeing that in the pond
:eek::eek::eek:

Good Call. :thumbup:

Ed

·
EH?
33 Posts
Besides all of the obvious,the field sheets on the right side look to be running right up the parapet(not stripped or flashed in) and even if they were(i'm pretty sure they are not)they are not offset.Its hard to see that area clear enough,but anyways a big ,no no:thumbdown:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts