1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Slate and Metal Roofer
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
It sticks out now, but the page is so long with so many pics I didn't know where to look :) or was too lazy to hunt hard anyways.

Classic case of not my job. Very typical for new construction, period. You can't expect these guys to do a good job for what they are paid. The roofer should have cut the housewrap, wrapped ice shield up the plywood then installed his baby tins, then taped the house wrap to the tins. That's how I like to do it. Bullet proof, and doesn't take any extra time to run your knife along the house wrap so you can flash behind it.

BTW anyone else notice the 4 different types of house wraps?

·
Slate and Metal Roofer
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
There's that. And the windows will dump all their water behind the steps too. They should have been un-nailed and flashed.. They expected the tape to waterproof those corners. It's already pulled loose on the lower corners of every window.

I though you did siding??

·
Registered
755 Posts
As all experienced roofers know only too well, any signs of moisture get blamed on the roofer first.

I can't even count the amount of times I went back to commercial projects for the insidious HVAC condensate pan overflows, due to a clogged p-pipe from muck building up, or from the internal condensate pan being set unlevel.

Ed

·
Registered
755 Posts
Thats the first think I do on commercial roofs now, besides check the integrity of the flashings.

I blow out the condensate lines and that solves the problems instantly.

Ed

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
shoulda sent a bill-lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts