Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
A strong positive word of mouth was and continues to be the best advertising technique ever. Apart from this, use social media to reach out to the wider audience. Facebook paid advertising can give a huge impetus to your services to your desired demography and location.

·
Ben @ TLM
3 Posts
Word of mouth has always been great.

We were leery to try Google AdWords, because we knew it was expensive. We tried it a while back and the daily budget was WAY TOO LOW and it didn't work. Since we started spending $200-$400/day on AdWords, we have seen a ton of phone calls and form submissions.

The other benefit is that when a storm hits, you can target that area heavy less than 24 hours after it hits.

Here are a couple articles that might help:
How to Create an Effective Roofing Adwords Campaign
AdWords for Roofers

·
Registered
1 Posts
Google Adwords done right.

A lot of roofing companies say that Adwords campaigns/internet marketing doesn't work that well, but the real issue is they are not doing it right. Simply throwing some money at Adwords without call tracking, monitoring, landing pages and the correct adspend will not get you far, but all of them done right creates a consistent lead flow that makes for 5-10 times ROI.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
41 Posts
As others have said, a referral is the best but of course other than doing a great job you have little control over lead volume from this source. I suspect that you were looking for a better response than referrals. My experience is that intersecting with qualified prospects is your ultimate goal. That can be done many ways and many avenues are price competitive when it comes to roofing leads. I've seen mailer inserts work, direct mail pieces, appointment setters, online ads, and seo all work. I think the biggest thing is to a) not put all your eggs in one basket and b) work your technique to make it better without just abandoning it.

Todd
Emerald State LLC

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are free websites out there. Craigslist will get you started but not always top dollar jobs. Depends but getting in a good neighborhood doing a great job, cleaning up well, and communicating with neighbors usually will get you another job... if you earn it. Hard work and good communication often get referrals where you already have the job before you give them a price. If your looking for quantity over quality jobs than there is always google or local ads etc. Knock door to door, ask builders, talk to your neighbors. They are looking for help in texas right now.

·
Web Developer
11 Posts
A strong positive word of mouth was and continues to be the best advertising technique ever. Apart from this, use social media to reach out to the wider audience. Facebook paid advertising can give a huge impetus to your services to your desired demography and location.
Word of mouth and lawn signs have been key for our rapid growth. We have a rockstar in our customer service/sales that makes our reputation unbeatable. That's been a huge key to our success - 5/5 reviews anywhere you look for our company.

Facebook paid advertising is really none too great when compared to Google/Bing/Yahoo paid placements. Intent is key when a roof is leaking. Most homeowners don't pay attention to roofing ads until they really need a roofer, and at that point - most just hop onto google and click the first few results.

·
Lead Generation and SEO
9 Posts
A website optimized for engagement and conversions is the best investment you can make. You can use local search optimization, content marketing and SEO. A well-optimized and highly engaging website will deliver high ROI. It only makes sense for companies that are in it for a long haul. Building a roofing website is an investment of time and energy, but when done right it can work wonders for your lead gen.

Another benefit of a well-optimized website designed for conversions is that it will also work great for Google adwords, so you don't have to rely on roofing SEO alone. But, if you want to go purely organic route, or simply looking for high engagement and form submission aka estimates coming in, then your best bet is to invest in HubSpot marketing outmation (www.hubspot.com) or get a Roofing Calculator lead gen. plug-in such as the ones on www.Roofinity.com

·
Registered
5 Posts
Facebook ads and canvassing have always done the best for us. I prefer Facebook obviously because you don't need to run a canvassing team so it's cheaper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Liked the six-fold growth plan and the way each has been definitive and clear of its scope. However, there are more ways to realize your business goals and growth outside of the organization. Again, there are very few who really help you get the best out of your deal. One such authentic online marketplace is www.tobuz.com and it will be great to have your readers educated on another opportunity to grow.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boost Content on Facebook After a Storm

I agree that Facebook ads need proper targeting. And a lot of other people here have shared about the importance of looking at other competitors, which is something we have done as well.

One thing that Facebook ads work very well for is boosting content after a bad storm. We have found that increasing our spend after hail specifically is good for business. And people trust those in their social networks like Facebook a lot more.

Here are a few posts that I found helpful:

Maximize your marketing
Marketing after a hail storm

The first article has some interesting point specifically about being ready for a storm. It talks about having marketing materials printed and done before the storm even hits. I think a lot of roofers are reactive about this instead of proactive.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Google Ads a money sink?

Just wanted to echo the statement that Google Ads can be a money sink if you're just throwing dollars versus experience at it.

Management fees cost a lot, but a good digital marketing agency can really optimize things and lower your average cost per click.

Well worth the added cost IMHO.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It is all about how you setup your campaigns

A lot of roofing companies say that Adwords campaigns/internet marketing doesn't work that well, but the real issue is they are not doing it right. Simply throwing some money at Adwords without call tracking, monitoring, landing pages and the correct adspend will not get you far, but all of them done right creates a consistent lead flow that makes for 5-10 times ROI.

This is right on IMO. People say Google doesn't work but they are not doing it right. I have seen people on this thread say Facebook doesn't work, but I doubt they are using all of the incredibly powerful targeting and bidding features Facebook has to offer. Advertising online really isn't a "works" or "does not work" absolute for roofers. It is about how well you can optimize your campaigns.

·
Contractor
13 Posts
Local lead generation services have helped more than anything because the leads are exclusive. You don't want to be battling 5 other companies for the same customer.

·
Professional Roofers
5 Posts
This thread has great information already. CPC and SMM are both great ways to drive traffic if properly implemented. Of course, good SEO is incredibly important especially if you are ranking high in SERP features. I also find keeping your online content fresh is very important.

Baker Roofing
www.baker-roofing.com

·
Registered
1 Posts

Great post. Thank you for sharing

·
Registered
1 Posts
Adwords Works if done correctly

Adwords needs to be done correctly as previously mentioned. Make sure you are doing your Keyword research. Exclude certain keywords as well. We've had great results from using Adwords for our roofing company. You have to have a landing page or you can simply run call only ads. Either way, pay attention to your keywords.

http://www.herefordroofing.com/

·
Registered
3 Posts
The Missing Piece of the Puzzle

The most important thing to promote your business is a website.

Most people treat is cheaply...like a digital business card. It should be more like a New Movie Release as if Avengers 4 was coming out in theaters.

The missing piece of the puzzle almost everyone neglects is the website's conversion rate. According to Google, the average website converts at about 2%. That's horrible. That means you need 100 cold visitors to come to your website in order to attract 2 customers. In this case...and I'm sure most cases...you'll need to spend a fortune because all of your marketing efforts will struggle.

But if you truly invest in your website, then it can convert 1 in 3 or 1 in 4 visitors. Once you get to that point...then you can spend less on all other forms of marketing...because you wont need as many cold visitors to turn into calls and booked appointments.

I used everything I can. Website, SEO, Google Ads, Facebook, Craigslist (although it's not very good in our area), Yelp, Home Advisor, BBB, etc.

All of those channels are designed to reel customers into your website, and the website should pre-close them before I jump on the phone with them.

Best of luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts