Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
See attached photos. I moved into this house during summer and never noticed this problem. However now that the weather is starting to get cold, I've noticed water droplets on top of the boxes I was storing in the attic. After looking up at the attic ceiling, I noticed that water seemed to be collecting on the nails. The roof on this place is around 20 years old, but I am wondering if the problem is something else. Is my attic getting too humid? How might I mitigate the problem?

·
Super Moderator
438 Posts
Condensation, look into your attic ventilation. Inadequate airsealing and insulation can also be a factor.

·
Registered
2 Posts
See attached photos. I moved into this house during summer and never noticed this problem. However now that the weather is starting to get cold, I've noticed water droplets on top of the boxes I was storing in the attic. After looking up at the attic ceiling, I noticed that water seemed to be collecting on the nails. The roof on this place is around 20 years old, but I am wondering if the problem is something else. Is my attic getting too humid? How might I mitigate the problem?
View attachment 4251
View attachment 4250
View attachment 4251
View attachment 4250
You have a condensation issue. Typically it’s low end to high end venting issue, or a insulation issue.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts