Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you typically offer to your prospects? What do you include in your standard roofing package?

Here’s what I offer, I’m not going to get into details like a proposal, and this is only an overview.

Tear off the old roof
2 Shingle Options; Landmark & Landmark Premium
15 # felt
OmniRoll Ridgevent or Can Vents if appropriate
Replace all flashings (Re-use chimney flashing if in good condition)
New drip edge
More soffit vents if needed & baffles
Bathroom fan vent and pipe if needed
Skylight replacement if it is poorly designed
Financing through GE Money

All of the above is included with the price.

Now I offer upgrades and add-ons if the customer wants it.
Warranty upgrades ( includes Roofers Select Paper)
Gutters 5” or 6”
Gutter Protection, Leaf Relief
Steel Valleys
Copper Valleys
Soon to be offering blown in fiberglass insulation

I have prices available for other shingles if they want to now what the price would be for Grand Manor or something like that.

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
Everything you said but in such great detail that nothing is left to the imagination. However we don't always use ODE, very uncommon here actually. We also don't include the financing.

I don't like pre printed carbon forms. Each document is put together custom for the customer. Sure it's template based but it's not just a bunch of check boxes either.

BTW we do blown in insulation. Got a few thousand mailers going out right now actually.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Jack, the more I read from you, the more you sound like someone else, named Michael.

Same sales training and similar styles. Hmmm?

Ed

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You're right

Jack, the more I read from you, the more you sound like someone else, named Michael.

Same sales training and similar styles. Hmmm?

Ed
Ed, I sent you a private message on this forum to let you know I was using a differant name.

I'm looking forward to the interaction that can take place on this site.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Ohhh. You sent me a profile visitors message, not a PM, Private Message.

I didn't get an e-mail alert that there was one waiting for me to read.

Welcome over here too, "Jack".

Ed

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
Then either you don`t have a website ,or do and don`t understand the value of adding backlinks to it,on these sites you want to add value to the name you use,and create linkbacks to your site thru it

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Underlayment Upgrades

What about offering underlayment upgrades?

Do you feel it would make sense to offer Grace Ice and Watershield as an upgrade?

You could also offer an upgrade to a synthetic felt paper.

If it will me to out sell my competitors I’m all for it, but if too many options will overload the prospect then I don’t want to do it.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Am I the only one who carries one sample in the home? All these options, are they better? I carry a couple small pieces of drip with me (Custom drip white aluminum or .024" painted steel made for standing seam-it has 1 1/2" drop great for re-decks). Pick a color, its that easy.
Roofing Done Right is my motto, right under my name.
My Proposals are easy, simple and anyone can use them (as long as you are not in VT):
Remove from premises shingles and debris including landfill and trucking fees.
Install Ice & Water Shield 3' strips eaves, valleys and around all penetrations.
Cover remaining roof deck with Grace Tryflex.
Shingles to be IKO Cambridge 30 w Shingle over ridge vent all ridges.
*We don't cut in new chimney flashing here, if the metal is bad surely the mortar is too- we do a roof up chimney replace- we still burn wood here so thats an easy sell*.
Oh, pay us on the way out on the last night- checks are fine.
18 years here doing this and its that easy.......

·
Registered
754 Posts
A back link is another web site source that lists your company URL and gets spotted by the spider bots.

A "Signature Line" in related Forum Posts will point towards the URL contained in each and every post made with that signature.

Go to Yahoo Site Explorer and see anyones website address and see how many outgoing pages they have and how many Inbound Links they have.

You can see where your Google Juice is coming from and also check out your higher ranked competition and the sites that refer to their site address.

That is just one part of SEO, but Google likes back links. It authenticates your site being an authoritative source on the particular content.

Go and set up a Signature in each of the forums you post on and you will see it help immensely.

Plus, make sure your site has valuable content.

Ed

·
Registered
754 Posts
Click on your User CP.

Click on Options.

Check off the box that says to Show Signatures. See the following copy/paste of mine:

You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.

Show Signatures
Show Avatars
Show Images (including attached images and images in code)

[B]Then, go back to the regular main first screen in User CP and Click Edit Signature.[/B]

Type in your URL into the message area.

Click Save.

That should do it.

You will see your site getting indexed more and more, the more that you post and it is about related content as your site.

Ed

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.