1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Is my barn and I need to replace that sheet
I think I can tackle this job myself
I have a good long fiberglass ladder ,and I think I can tie off the ladder OK
But It would be a bit safer If I had a rope to hang on to once I step on to the roof.
I plan to tie a pc of pipe on one end and throw It over the other side and tie that end on to a fence:thumbup:
If there's a easier way I would like to hear how you would do this job.

Last thing I don't know what style of steel that Is...can any of you guys identify the roof sheet?

Thanks

Old Fence

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tinner where are you

Is there a link to a site with the roof sheet patterns???
I have been searching ,and I cant see any that match

·
Registered
755 Posts
The one quality company that I know of that carries the widest array of panel configurations, is MBCI, Metal Building Components Incorporated. They have several location across the U.S.

Check the local Farm & Fleet store though, because that looks like too chincy of a panel to be supplied by the regular metal panel companies.

Alternatively, ask on the www.DIYchatroom.com site. Joasis has a lot of experience working with budget panels. He may recognize it.

Ed

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
Lowes sells some panels like that. real thin too, just like what you've got now. menards also sells a .019 steel panel you may want to check them too. The pansla t these big boxes are cheap though, not what you'll get at a roofing supplier for sure.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I found it I need some one to put in on for me...there's no way I'm getting up there...I just climbed the ladder...that part Is ok...but I'm not going on the roof Itself

The sheet Is 127" long 34" wide

They used nails with washers on this roof...I have a box of screws with the rubber washers ordered

How much would a job like this cost?? labor only?
http://www.vicwest.ca/english/details.asp?id=82

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
how did you find it?
On this site...I called the local lumber yard and asked them what they carry...Vicwest was the one, here's the link.................................... http://www.vicwest.ca/english/details.asp?id=82Its ordered and will be here next week:thumbup: they told me they don't sell those nails with the washers any more ,because of pop up...I saw a few while I was up there

Thanks again for the help guys

Fence

·
Registered
755 Posts
Maze Nails, out of around Peru/LaSalle Illinois has the rubber gasketed nails and I never heard of specific problems with them.

Butm I would prefer gasketed hex head wood-tek screws, myself. Check out Pro-Fastening Systems. By me, they are in Arlington Heights or rolling Meadows Illinois, but they have locations around the country.

Ed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts