Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
They discussed them on The Roofers Coffee Shop about one year ago, but I don't recall the final verdict.

I guess you would need to figure out the cost/benefit ratio for you versus having your supplier load the roofs for you for .50 per bundle.

Which brand is that one in the picture?

Ed

·
Banned
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think its liftconveyer

They discussed them on The Roofers Coffee Shop about one year ago, but I don't recall the final verdict.

I guess you would need to figure out the cost/benefit ratio for you versus having your supplier load the roofs for you for .50 per bundle.

Which brand is that one in the picture?

Ed
I think its liftconveyer

·
Roofing Expert
353 Posts
We use a petol driven conveyor lift called a Bumpa which i know you can get in the states made by Mace industries (i went to school with the owners brother!)
Very handy machine but needs 3 of you to set it up and in about 5minites.
I dont own one but lend off the suppliers where i buy the tiles.
Cheers
Dave

http://www.maceindustriesusa.com/distributors.htm

·
Registered
168 Posts
I like roof top deliveries when ever possible. DUH!!

When we can't get a roof top, I use my Safety Hoist. Bought it at ABC about 14 years ago. At the time, we couldn't get rooftop in my area. I was one of only a few that had one and I beleive that guys were willing to work for me becuase of it. It is east to set up and use. It has save me and now my crew much backache.

·
Banned
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Driveway cracks

The reason I am thinking about it is to avoid cracking a driveway with a heavy truck. Instaed of getting a rooftop delivery made by a big truck I could get the materials dropped off by a hi-lo.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hourly rate plus a buck a bundle so it toughin up the green the boys. With 2 or 3 roofers going at it with guns a laborer makes $200 bucks a day. We all started there, only when I started I didn't get the hourly wage with it. Working their way up, pun intended.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts