Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a new roof installed about a month ago, during the install the crew installed a ripped up shingle. When I pointed this out to the contractor after the job was done he said they usually do not recommend replacing these. Same thing when I pointed out several shingles that had granules scuffed off down to just the tar paper, he said I could put more granules on in those areas.
Seems to me he is just trying to avoid fixing the problem. Surely a ripped shingle on a new roof should be replaced?

·
Super Moderator
551 Posts
I had a new roof installed about a month ago, during the install the crew installed a ripped up shingle. When I pointed this out to the contractor after the job was done he said they usually do not recommend replacing these. Same thing when I pointed out several shingles that had granules scuffed off down to just the tar paper, he said I could put more granules on in those areas.
Seems to me he is just trying to avoid fixing the problem. Surely a ripped shingle on a new roof should be replaced?
Contractor is full of poo. Any shingles damaged during install should have been replaced before final payment

1 - 2 of 2 Posts