Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

Should Non-Roofing Contractors Or Affiliates Be Allowed To Post?

• Only Allow Roofing Professionals And Affiliates To Post Questions And Be Members

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Allow Home Owners And DIY'ers To Participate And Ask Questions In One Separate Forum

Votes: 12 80.0%
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This will be Nathans decision, but I wanted to get a general feel for this site and if the members desired to have any Home Owner DIY interaction.

Do you guys think it should start off as and remain a site for roofing professionals and related posters?

or

Do you think that a separate forum should be made available for those people to come on here and post their need of assistance or information requests?

Ed

·
Registered
10 Posts
For his sake and to attract advertisers I would say yes.If for me I would say no.I dont go for the questions(which are often hard to even know what theyre asking).The only free advice I have is to not take any free advice.Not to generalize too much against possibly innocent people the questions I see over the internet coming from homeowners seem to be the PIA type of customers and let the ones getting paid handle them.Hope thats not too harsh.

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
That`s what makes the backlinks worth anything,Is when we`re answering technical questions-I say yes

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would bump traffic a bit. At least 6 members here are willing to answer some questions.
I have no problem with it.:thumbup:
That`s what makes the backlinks worth anything,Is when we`re answering technical questions-I say yes
Those are the 2 main thoughts that I had about it also.

Plus, I like doing it to help out. I actually think that more idea exchange occurs from the various answers to DIY questions, which helps us understand the customer mentality a lot more to assist us in our communications with our customers.

That is why I specifically only posted in the poll for ONE separate forum for that concept. I wouldn't want them joining in the other professional discussions.

Ed

·
Slate and Metal Roofer
435 Posts
The homeowner questions bring up stuff we do naturally and does create interesting discussions. :thumbup: I enjoy it, but refrain from answering if I can't give a decent/cognent answer. But somebody usually pops up with the right one.

It also give homeowners an insight into what's involved in a roof, and insight into a roofer's reasoning. :thumbup:

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Some DIY questions are like ashot of caffiene(sp) and really get my mind churning.
That is so true, plus it invigorates the juices when you Must prove or validate your opinion.

Ed

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think a separate forum ONLY for them would eventually be a good idea, but we need more roofers in here first, although the quality of the guys on here now is incredible.

Ed

·
Slate and Metal Roofer
435 Posts
Nathan has a seperate forum for them elsewhere. But, since the net is such a large place, they won't necessarily fin 'That' forum. A DIY area here too won't hurt anybody.
It won't attract much, if any traffic, but it will make those surfers feel welcome.

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
YES ,YES, YES ,Sorry if I seem ambiguous

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm new to the forum so I apologize if this is out of line. It was the ability to discuss industry news, information, techniques etc. with other professionals that drew me to this forum. However, I also recognize the value of being able to recognize our clients concerns and comments and the unique insight this provides. I voted 'Yes' to the additional thread which I see has already been implemented. :) Kudo's - a roofing forum for professionals only reminds me of the lil rascals clubhouse and the 'No girls allowed' rule - Spanky and Alphalfa broke it so what the hell... :jester:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts