Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the market conditions changing for the downward direction so much and with unemployment creeping upwards, what have you found that you needed to do to change in your selling and marketing process to keep on surviving and continuing your company growth?

Ed

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
RAISE OUR PRICES. To be honest since volume went down, if I didn't raise my prices I might have had to stop advertising for anything other than repairs. Nothing else has changed in my approach or presentation, other than to tell people that asphalt and plastic products are petroleum based and look at today's gas prices... but since gas has gone back down I won't be using that line anymore.

Believe it or not, it's not as bad as the media wants us to think.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There is one way to keep "pumping" the petro-based price excuse. If they throw it back at you that gas prices have gone down, explain to them that alot of the asphalt, plastic, etc. in your materials was originally purchased by your supplier several months ago when prices were higher. Just because crude & your material prices are lower today, dosen't mean your supplier is going to lower his price on inventory he purchased when prices were sky-rocketing, months ago. You can explain that it will probably take the same amount of time for your supplier to move through that "inflated" inventory as the period of time prices were higher.

Get your sellin' face on. :cool:

Chris

·
Sales Slug
9 Posts
Well here it is the day before Thanksgiving and I am taking advantage of hibernating roofers.

When the other guys go to sleep I am quietly taking their spring jobs. Not because I am some great and wonderful sales guy who cut rates jobs, but because there is so many hail damaged roofs left from the summer.

There are a couple of others going after this business as well, and we are all going after the T-LOK market. Gotta love tloks.

I'm still putting my knuckles to the doors and writing and getting business. It's definitely a different mindset for people around the holidays but I'll still pull 40k plus in total revenue per week.

The world belongs to the bold.

I hope I'm not coming off cocky because I'm actually pretty humble but I do know how to play the insurance game and know how to find willing customers.

Dave

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well here it is the day before Thanksgiving and I am taking advantage of hibernating roofers.

When the other guys go to sleep I am quietly taking their spring jobs. Not because I am some great and wonderful sales guy who cut rates jobs, but because there is so many hail damaged roofs left from the summer.

There are a couple of others going after this business as well, and we are all going after the T-LOK market. Gotta love tloks.

I'm still putting my knuckles to the doors and writing and getting business. It's definitely a different mindset for people around the holidays but I'll still pull 40k plus in total revenue per week.

The world belongs to the bold.

I hope I'm not coming off cocky because I'm actually pretty humble but I do know how to play the insurance game and know how to find willing customers.

Dave
Go ahead and share that insurance game information in a new thread and we can all discuss what does and doesn't work.

Ed

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just got paid for one we did last month.

Due to it being an insurance claim and I was able to line item a lot of individual components out on my breakdown to bump up the total cost to my version of a realistic figure, not only did I get the asking rate, but the sub I had do all of the interior work for only charged me about 1/3rd of what I had contracted for, plus, I also got an additional 10% + 10% on top of those figures.

In essence, my $ 8,100.00 roof wound up billing out at around $ 9,800.00

This was all due to me having a signed contract with the home owner in advance of the insurance company, even though it was contingent upon the insurance company accepting it.

Ed

·
Banned
313 Posts
Using time to sharpen presentation

I am using spare time to improve my PowerPoint presentation.

I am adding more pictures so that the prospect will understand what I am doing for them.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am putting the final editing touches on my new website and then learning about organic methods to drive traffic and hit good conversion rates for Requests For Estimates, or at least advice.

Ed

·
Banned
2 Posts
There is one way to keep "pumping" the petro-based price excuse. If they throw it back at you that gas prices have gone down, explain to them that alot of the asphalt, plastic, etc. in your materials was originally purchased by your supplier several months ago when prices were higher. Just because crude & your material prices are lower today, dosen't mean your supplier is going to lower his price on inventory he purchased when prices were sky-rocketing, months ago. You can explain that it will probably take the same amount of time for your supplier to move through that "inflated" inventory as the period of time prices were higher.

Get your sellin' face on. :cool:

Chris
Hebei Tobee Pump Co.,Limited, is a professional manufacturer in designing and manufacturing Centrifugal Slurry Pumps, Pipes & Fittings, Valves etc. Our factory is located in the High tech Development Zone, Shijiazhuang City, China. We specialized in Horizontal slurry pumps, Vertical slurry pumps, Warman slurry pumps, Gravel sand pumps, Dredging pumps, Paper pulp pumps, Molten Salt Pumps, End suction pumps, Double suction pumps, Multistage pumps, Boiler feed water pumps, Self priming pumps, Inline centrifugal pumps, Sea water pumps, Chemical pumps, Irrigation pumps, Fire pumps, API 610 centrifugal oil pumps, Sewage pumps, Submersible slurry pumps, Slurry Pump spare parts, Pipes & fittings and Valves in domestic and over 80 countries in the world.
F YOU NEED YOU COULD CONTACT WITH ME.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts