Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the roofing discussions? Click here!

Sales copy for my home page.

6K views 19 replies 7 participants last post by  Grumpy 
#1 ·
Hi,

I need some insight. I need a introduction for my home page.

Sales pitch for lack of a better word.

I do a lot of repair work including slate, shingle, copper, low-slope... I will be adding a page for this service. One just for slate.

I do residential shingles.

I do seamless gutter, gutter protection.

I do commercial low slope roofs. The jobs I target are under 50 square.

We are drug-free workplace.

We do our part with recycling and the use of green products.

I believe that the copy should be about the benefits to the customer. Not a pat on the back for ourselves. My tendency is to pat myself on the back.

Thanks

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to Holenicik Roofing Company, your safest choice for residential roofing and gutters services in Allentown Pennsylvania. Professional roofing services include shingles, cedar, slate and copper roof installation and repairs. All services are proudly offered by our drug-free roofing craftsman.

Holenicik Roofing company is celebrating 29 years of quality roofing and gutter services to our Pennsylvania neighbors. Ask your estimator about our special anniversary roofing sale.

IMO the key is to not only benefit the customer but to also imbed keywords. It's gotta be 2-part for humans and bots. I would put it near the top directly under your banner, maybe under the scrolling news feature you have on the site. count the number of times I imbedded roof in that short few sentances. I also imbedded pennsylvania a few times.

BTW I'm personally not a fan of scrolling which is why I am adding random news blurbs to the site. each time the page loads a different blurb will appear.

In addition each service, shingles, slate, cedar etc would link to a specific page discussing that topic.

#6 ·
I would be willing to help you for a fee but I don't even have the time to work on my own right now.

I know a marketing guy that has helped me with my marketing. If you want I can have him call you.

Typically if you try to get something for free it is worth exactly what you pay for it, nothing.

Do your customers expect you to provide quality roofing services for free? If they did how would you be able to provide it?

You can study and experiment and learn how to do it yourself or pay someone else to do it.

Or you can do a combination; you can do a rough copy yourself and then take it to a marketing guy for improvements.

#8 ·
I appreciate your help Grumpy but writing copy for a website requires a lot of work if you want it to be effective.

A bunch of neighbors could get together and help each other put on a roof. And they would probably pat each other on the back about doing a good job. But that doesn’t mean they have a new roof that would meet your standards and it probably won’t work right.

Thanks for helping this guy with his web site. He is going to have to put a lot more work and time into it if wants something that will be effective. Especially with a website because you only have about 3 seconds to get their attention and if you don’t get it they are gone.

The point is sometimes there is no easy way out; sometimes you have to hire a professional.

I’ve seen guys ask for a critique of a marketing piece or website and they get a lot of positive feedback but I don’t think they would get the same feedback from a professional marketing guy. A professional marketing guy would be more objective and maybe even tell him to start over from scratch.

#9 ·
I have had my site since 99 on a free server, and since 01 on paid server.

Never paid a penny to anyone for the site, except the monthly server payment of $12.95 and once a year Domain of $14.95.

If you search for roofers in any of the cities I work in, you'll find my site,
on the first page, with out having to scroll down, meaning I am not always number one, but am always with in the top ten.

The majority, probably 70% of the companies that show up above me do not have websites, their in the local listings and have a name and number like the 'phone book', and the majority of them are Commercial Roofers.
I'm almost always number one right below those paid listings.

I offered to get a site started for my buddy, brother roofer,
he elected to pay $1200.00 for a pro,
his website don't even show in the top ten, except in the paid listings section.

The thing is, when home owners or contractors search with misspelled words or other grammar errors, the paid listings section doe's not always show up in those searches, thus on those type I am normally number one.

Last year my buddy Shaun, who's an electrician, bugged me for months asking questions about roofing, than him and two brothers and his father re-roofed his home in July.
I inspected it a couple months later, it's gonna be there a long time.
Neither of them were / are roofers.

Would I change the breaks on my work van to save a buck, Yes.
Would I change the breaks on my wives 'family' car, Noway,
take it to the shop every time.

There are times when saving a buck is the Non feasible thing to do,
but I don't see a website fitting that category.

#12 ·
If you search for roofers in any of the cities I work in, you'll find my site,
on the first page, with out having to scroll down, meaning I am not always number one, but am always with in the top ten.

The thing is, when home owners or contractors search with misspelled words or other grammar errors, the paid listings section doe's not always show up in those searches, thus on those type I am normally number one.

There are times when saving a buck is the Non feasible thing to do,
but I don't see a website fitting that category.
Sounds like you have a good handle on internet marketing. How many jobs did you get from your website last year?

#13 · (Edited)
Now I understand

Now I understand, I know how you feel. I hate looking at a blank page and wondering how to get started.

Maybe this will help.

The Secret of Making Your Neighbors Jealous
Five Familiar Roof Troubles -- Which Do You Want To Overcome?
How I Got My Roof Fixed Right The First Time
A Challenge To Homeowners Who Would Never Dream Of Buying A Cheap Roof
Everywhere Homeowners Are Raving About This Amazing New Roof!
Six Types Of Homeowners -- Which Group Are You In?
Does Your Home’s Appearance Ever Embarrass You?
The Biggest Problems You’ll Have With Most Roofers…And How XYZ Overcomes Them All.
To People Who Want To Replace Their Roof -- But Don’t Know How To Get Started
Buy No Roof -- Until You’ve Seen This Sensation Of The Home Show
Can You Spot These 7 Common Contractor Sins?
Take This 5-Minute Test – And Find Out If You Need A New Roof
Nobody Should Be Allowed To Have Anything To Do With Contractors Until They’ve Read This Report At Least 7 Times
What Everybody Ought To Know About The Roofing Business
Free Report -- Tells You Twelve Secrets Of Contractors Hope You’ll Never Learn
The #1 Most Common Goof In Buying A New Roof
Roof Installations: Which Ones Actually Work...And Which Ones Are Guaranteed To Frustrate You, Cost A Fortune, And Leak Worse Than Your Old Roof
Three Fairy Tales You'll Hear From Roofers... Even Honest Ones
The 13 Biggest Mistakes You Could Make As A Homeowner
A Dozen Dirty Tricks Of Roofing Contractors. Some Are Totally Undetectable--Unless You Know What To Look For
5 Ways Even Good Contractors Steal From Clients
I Was Shocked And Embarrassed When I Found Out That Home Remodeling Was Labeled America's #1 Most Complained-About Industry
FREE Comprehensive Comparison Chart Allows You To Compare & Price Out Three Contractors... Without Talking To A Salesperson
I Have Created What I Consider To Be The Perfect, Designer-Friendly Flooring Showroom... Take 90 Seconds To See If You Agree
Four Critical Characteristics To Demand From Your Roofing Contractor... Does Yours Do These?
Never Accept A Home Improvement Contract That Contains These 5 Words
Make Sure Your Contractor Complies With These 17 Points From The 1997 “Code Of Ethics & Competency For Contractors”
Six Closely Guarded Secrets Of The Roofing Industry... Revealed At Last
Four Quick Questions Will Reveal A Contractors Operating Philosophy. Ask Them, And Save

Something You Probably Didn’t Know About Roofing Contractors.
What Roofing Contractors Don’t Want You To Know
What Nobody Ever Tells You About Roofing.
A Little Mistake That Cost A Homeowner $3,000
Advice To Homeowners That Want A Cheap Roof
When Roofers 'Cut Corners' This Is What They Do
When Roofers 'Bid Low' This Is What They Do
Who Ever Heard Of A Homeowner Saving Money -- And Enjoying Getting The Best Roof Possible At The Same Time?
Whose Fault Is It When Your New Roof Leaks?
Does Your Roof Have These Symptoms Of wearing Out?
Profits That Lie Hidden In Your Home
Percentage Of Roofers Who Certify Before The End Of The Program – Us: 96% Them: 21% (We’re A Little Bit Higher.)
They Laughed When I Started A Roofing Company -- But Who’s Laughing Now!
Is Your Roof Making Your House Look Bad? Take This Test And Find Out
Free To Our Clients--$295 To Others
Who Else Wants New Roof – Without The Hassle?
Do You Really Want The Lowest Bidding Roofer To Work On Your Million Dollar House?
How To Evaluate Your Roof In 5 Minutes
Protect Yourself From Being BURNED By IT Roofers Who Over-Represent Their Skill Level.
Men Who 'Know It All' Are Not Invited To Read This Page
Check The Kind Of Roof You Want
Here's A Quick Way To Pick A Roofing Contractor
If You Were Given $20,000 To Spend, Isn't This The Kind Of Roof You Would Install?
A Building Flaw That Can Cost You $10,000 In Resale Value If You Buy From The Wrong Builder.
How To Avoid Getting Ripped Off Without Spending A Lot Of Time
Own A Cheap Roof Already? Why Buy Another One!
The Best Color To Make Your Roof For Faster Sale
If Your Roofer Goofs, You Could Be Dead. How To Protect Yourself--Takes Just 3 Seconds
How To Stop A Roof Leak...Before It Happens
5 Overlooked Improvements That Improve Resale Value
The Most Common Maintenance Mistake (You're Probably Making It Now)
Wait Too Long To Replace Your Roof? Here's 4 Excuses That Work With Your Wife... And 3 That Don't
The 4 Grim Facts Of Life About Roofing: Don't Replace Yours Until You Know What They Are
What To Do For Aging Shingles: 2 Options That Beat The Socks Off A Repair Bills... Or Waiting Until Your Ceiling Falls In
Save Money By Knowing How Contractors Trick You Into Buying Higher Priced Items
The Cost Of Producing Quality Gutter Protection Has Fallen By 64% Over The Last Five Years... But Most Gutter Companies Are Still Clinging To And Charging 2001 Prices
Quality Roofing: Two Questions That Other Providers Hope You'll Never Ask Them
Out Of 3537 Roofing Companies Near Detroit, Only SIX Can Prove They’ve Been IN Business Long Enough To Honor A 15 Year Warranty
Innovative Roofing System Makes Roofs “Last Longer”
There’s 2 Ways To Buy Your New Roof: From A Real Roofing Contractor, Or From Marketing Company... Disguised As A Contractor
There’s Two “Schools Of Thought” When Buying New Roof: One Costs You Four Times As Much As The Other…For Inferior Results. Which Do You Prefer?
There Are 3348 Roofing Contractors Within 20 Miles of Detroit...But Only One of Them Was Specifically Designed and Equipped To Cater To The Unique Needs Of Homeowners
The Only Thing We’ve Left Off (Product) Is The Ridiculous Price
If You’re Planning On Spending $8,500 On A New Roof And Gutters, I’ll Provide You With A New Roof, Gutters And Gutter Protection For The Same Price
How Much Should You Pay For A Good Roof?
The Big Hairy Secret That Big-Name Roofing Companies Don’t Want You To Know About Their Quality Control System (Hint: They Don’t Have A System)

Do you still think you can afford to be without a roof inspection?
Are you just guessing when you say, "My Roof is Fine"?
"Roofing Problems can be foreseen from days to months in advance – and prevented

#11 ·
Sometimes the "respected professional " just dont get it. Do they?

I've been reading some things on Contractor Talk about this. Seems the experts say that the copy should read more about the customer than about you.

Maybe something like "Is your roof ugly?, leaking? in need of repair? Who can you call that you can trust? Lefty has been repairing roofs in your neighborhood for since 1776. And other than the small crack that he put in the Liberty Bell, all of his customers have been happy. etc."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.