Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the roofing discussions? Click here!

Roofing company raising price after Insurance quote? Is this normal?

3K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  iTwo 
#1 ·
I got a quote from a roofing company to replace my roof for $14,000.

My insurance company gave me a check for $5,000

In the breakdown my insurance company estimated the cost of my roof as being $18,000

We had already signed a contract with this roofer because of the price but now they are saying that they will be charging us $18,000 because that's what the insurance company said the roof replacement costs. Is this normal? Can they just change the price like this after signing a contract or are they being shady? What can I do about this?

We're about to have an anxiety attack. What's the point of a quote if you're just gonna change the price after to whatever my insurance says?

#3 ·
It only makes sense to hire the contractor for what the Insurance company agreed the job was worth. The insurance company doesn't give you the difference, they only pay for what you are billed on the final invoice amount. It sounds like he was trying to give you a good deal. God forbid the contractor make extra money and the insurance company had to inconveniently pay the amount that they ( the insurance company) came up with.

#4 ·
I got a quote from a roofing company to replace my roof for $14,000.

My insurance company gave me a check for $5,000

In the breakdown my insurance company estimated the cost of my roof as being $18,000

We had already signed a contract with this roofer because of the price but now they are saying that they will be charging us $18,000 because that's what the insurance company said the roof replacement costs. Is this normal? Can they just change the price like this after signing a contract or are they being shady? What can I do about this?

We're about to have an anxiety attack. What's the point of a quote if you're hiring roofs winston salem just gonna change the price after to whatever my insurance says?
Sorry for bumping old thread but I wanna share my thoughts just for information.

It's not uncommon for roofing companies to adjust prices after reviewing insurance quotes. Factors like hidden damage and material costs can arise during onsite inspection, justifying price changes.

Transparency is key – discuss discrepancies with the company, ensuring they explain the reasons. Obtain multiple quotes, inquire about potential adjustments, and select a reputable company to ensure a fair deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.