Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve got a question about the Owens Corning skyrunner LTE ridge vent. They ran the actual ridge vent edge to edge which aesthetically I personally think it gives it a more clean appearance. But per Owens Corning the roofer is suppose to stop cutting the opening 6 inches from each edge. Our roofer cut the opening edge to edge, but put shingles over the ridge opening 6 inches in. Is this ok? See picture below
Brown Wood Line Wall Building material

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I’ve got a question about the Owens Corning skyrunner LTE ridge vent. They ran the actual ridge vent edge to edge which aesthetically I personally think it gives it a more clean appearance. But per Owens Corning the roofer is suppose to stop cutting the opening 6 inches from each edge. Our roofer cut the opening edge to edge, but put shingles over the ridge opening 6 inches in. Is this ok? See picture below
View attachment 4791

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It looks like the ends or the ridge vent isn’t protected from weather getting in, so I assume that’s why Owens Corning recommends stopping the ridge opening 6 inches from the rake edge. Is this correct? Or is there other reasons behind it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts