Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i was wondering where i can get roofing leads from..? i would really appreciate your help..
If anyone is looking for a roofing crew in the houston area i got one that is ready to work.. i got my own tools and trucks :thumbup:

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
I be Grumpy.

First off if you are trying to run a legitimate long lasting company a website is just as, if not more, importantt han a phone number. Consider getting one, they are a few hundred bucks.

Then you can sign up with services like google adwords and yahoo marketing solutions to put your website in the search engines. Also consider reading a book on SEO so you can learn how to get your site top ranked organically (free).

Next, I am losing faith in lead service providers but if you need leads fast, they are a great place to turn to... even if it's temporary. I do not vouch for any of these services but if you have money to spend they can get you leads. www.servicemagic.com www.roofersnetworx.com www.reliableremodeler.com I currently use service magic although I threatened to quit last week and they gave me a bunch of free leads. I also use roofer networx which is pretty cheap so why not. There are a ton others and don't be suprised if they start spamming you.

Craigs list is free. Try there too. Put up a free add.

If you really want to get serious, you are going to need to put together a marketing campaign. Direct mail works well for commercial and multi family when you work it. You'll have to mail no less than 3 mailings to see optimal results. Expect about a 1% response rate on average. You may get zero response on the first mailing. I have a 1,300 mailing going out JUly 1st. It's my 2nd one to the same list this year and my 5th one to the same list over the last 4 years.

For me getting leads is not a problem. Finding qualified sales reps who can sell premium roofing is a problem.

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
You might want to check out "ASPEN ROOFING" in Texas,supposed to be large ,national outfit

·
Registered
101 Posts
I would check with an attorney. Most consultations are free. Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but I really think you need to speak with an attorney on this one.
Uh...Did I miss something? What does he need a lawyer for?

You might want to check out "ASPEN ROOFING" in Texas,supposed to be large ,national outfit
He needs Leads not a job.....

And WTF are you talking about Trident...This is not a advertising site set up to blow your own horn. Try actually reading the posters question next time....it may help.

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
He needs Leads not a job.....

Large outfits hire people with crews,Need any more tips,Let me know,The man is looking to have his crew do work for a roofer,or homeowner

·
Registered
754 Posts
Trident, make your answers appropriate instead of just an excuse to spam for your company name please.

I trashed the post that you had in this thread for that very reason.

Ed

·
Registered
101 Posts
Okay sorry Roof God, I though you were offbase at first but now I understand, If you were hurtin for jobs that would be a source.
I had never really considered that becasue I figured the profit margins would be too low.

This forum is really quiet...what roofing forum are is main for roofing? The painting talk forum I usesd to participate in had a new post ever 5 min, followed by 20 replies.

·
RoofGuy
42 Posts
It is easy .... Do your first job and then ask Customer for a couple referrals .... Let your Customer know you have a problem - You had work until you finished their job .... People want to help - Just ask!

If your work is good and prices fair you will get the next job and so on ....

·
www.Ridgeline-Roofing.com
22 Posts
We use lead generators such as ServiceMagic and QualitySmith. These are, as Grumpy said, sometimes unreliable. However, they are a quick and easy source of lead generation.

Right now with a difficult economy generating leads can be difficult. The main thing is to keep at it. Direct mailings and doorhangers are good, but again, these things typically take time to see results.

As others have said, Craigslist is a good free opportunity for advertising and creating a website. Create a website and get them listed in search engines and Internet directories. All of these things will help generate traffic which is a potential customer.

You may also look at advertising in a local newspaper. The costs are not astronomical and one job should obviously cover the entire advertisement.

I hope some of this stuff helps.

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
Why pay service magic to advertise for you when you have a website and can do exactly what they do (pay per click) for alot less cost per lead and less compititon too? I used to use them and now never would and wish I got rid of them sooner. Simply put at the end we wern't selling ANY jobs through them. If you're selling jobs then keep with it I guess but I find a larger ROI by advertising the same way they do rather than paying them to do it for me.

·
www.Ridgeline-Roofing.com
22 Posts
We have used Pay-Per-Click methods also through Bing, Yahoo, and Google. We face a lot of competition in Charlotte because roofers do not need any type of licensure for work under $30,000. Getting leads directly through ServiceMagic is beneficial because it gives us leads that are ready for a job and typically with leads through their service we will be competing with companies on an equal footing.

I'm not sure what the market is like in Chicago, but here generating leads is one of the more difficult things. Pay-Per-Click was spending hundreds of dollars and I am not even sure it generated a lead when it was active. We are still experimenting with different marketing techniques that are working.

·
StartARoofingBusiness
168 Posts
Generating New Roofing Jobs

We have used Pay-Per-Click methods also through Bing, Yahoo, and Google. We face a lot of competition in Charlotte because roofers do not need any type of licensure for work under $30,000. Getting leads directly through ServiceMagic is beneficial because it gives us leads that are ready for a job and typically with leads through their service we will be competing with companies on an equal footing.

I'm not sure what the market is like in Chicago, but here generating leads is one of the more difficult things. Pay-Per-Click was spending hundreds of dollars and I am not even sure it generated a lead when it was active. We are still experimenting with different marketing techniques that are working.
I do have a great way of generating new roofing jobs, and it's low cost & highly effective. The Old Fashioned way it to go out, and knock on doors. Get some free brochures from you vendor, and find a neighborhood you would like to work in. All these home were built at the same time, and need a roof at the same time....Clean Shirt & jeans, and SMILE

Canvassing Is One Of The Sure Ways Of getting A Roof Job!
Before 7:00 am - After 6:00 pm is the time to work your area!

I know people will complain, and come-up with every reason not to knock doors, But I find the real reason is because it's hard work, and they never had to do this before!

http://www.roofingbusinessmastermind.org

Times have changed and we all need to become a little more creative... ;-)

We will all be just fine!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.