Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are any of you guys recycling shingles?

My supplier gave ma a flyer of a company that recycles shingles.

I need to check into it and do a little more research.

Here’s how it works;
  • My supplier would ship out cardboard boxes with the shingles
  • WE would have to load the scrap shingles into these boxes and stack them on pallets
  • When we are done I would call the recycling company and the will come out and pick it up the next day using a Hilo.
The boxes are 4’ x 4’ and 4’ tall.

I think he said I would have to order the boxes in sets of 7 for about $15. It’s supposed to be equal to a 10 yard dumpster.

The recycling company would charge me around $200 to pick it up.

I’m not surer about all the details; I’ll get back to you when I learn more.

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Over here in West Michigan we have a company that is allowing us to dump shingles for recycling. They typically prefer "clean" loads, with only shingles and nails. Nails are ground with the shingles, then a magnet at the top of the conveyor belt pulls out the metal. Re-grind goes into a dump truck and is hauled around the corner to an asphalt company to be mixed with the aggregate used in the blacktop.

Been working out to about $45 for a 6 yd dump trailer load, give or take. About half of what it would cost to dump at the landfill for us.

·
Registered
60 Posts
In my town, If I tear off a roof of 6000 sq feet and it cost about 30000 to do it all. We have to pay a deposit of 3000 + permit +tear off company . The tear off company must dump the shingles or roll roof where they can be recycle, If no!, I lost my deposit. To recycle in these areas cost a us alot , $70.00 per ton .

·
Super Moderator
656 Posts
In my town, If I tear off a roof of 6000 sq feet and it cost about 30000 to do it all. We have to pay a deposit of 3000 + permit +tear off company . The tear off company must dump the shingles or roll roof where they can be recycle, If no!, I lost my deposit. To recycle in these areas cost a us alot , $70.00 per ton .
This thread is 7 yrs old.:laughing:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.