Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After working for a questionable roofing company for almost 2 years, I began my own business.
I really hope to be a solid, trust-worthy, reliable, and knowledgeable business in order to provide a great service to a county that gets hammered by storm-chasers every year.

I have joined this community in order to learn, learn, learn. Please forgive the multitude of what will seem like ignorant questions that I will undoubtedly be asking!

Glad to meet everyone.

·
We Cover Your Dream
48 Posts
You should enjoy this site.....Some very knowledgable (sp) people here. I have enjoyed it since finding the site. And Best of Luck in your new endeavor ! !

·
Registered
25 Posts
Welcome! I remember when i did my first job for myself some 28 years ago. My sister's husband and i started roofing for a company on the very same day. We had zero previous experience. They paid us $5 per sq. to nail shingles on shallow slope new construction. After getting to the point where we could nail 2 sq. per hr. ( all roofs were hand nailed at this time) they came to us and told us they would now be paying us by the hour! My B.I.L. was like ok no problem. I was like how much? They said oh the same thing 5 dollars. I said no thanks and quit. By the next day i had a house to roof for a home builder for $10 per sq. lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts