Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the roofing discussions? Click here!

nails guns and decking

15K views 33 replies 16 participants last post by  caliroofer 
It happens about a few times, not that they specifically request it, but that they want to know the difference.

I just tell them that the nail has no intelligence. Either type can be put in right or wrong.

That is what I tout about having the same employees year in and year out, who have been trained on how i want the jobs to be done, per spec.

Ed

I was timed 4 minutes 13 seconds per square.
253 seconds divided by 324 nails per square = .781 seconds per nail which = 3.12 seconds per shingle.

I can't unstick 2 shingles on a hot day in that time.

Ed

i was watching ask this old house and they have this segment called "what is it".anyways they had this tin cone with a rope attached and apparently it was a nail facer.you dumped your nails into it and it swung around your neck so all you had to do was pull each nail out between your fingures already face so all you had to do was pull the nail and hammer away.just as long as you hit the right nail it would be great.im still looking for another,and tryin to figure out how it worked without jammin up all the time.
It is called a "Nail Stripper".

Check out the ABC Building Supply Catalog and order one if you hand nail.

Ed

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.