Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
It is called a Slant Back Vent.

I think that Lomanco or Air Vent carry them and they are usually rated a bit higher for NFVA than a standard RV-50/51 mushroom style vent.

Also, the purpose of the rear slant back shield is to be installed on steeper slopes, not ones that are less than a slider, so that when the rain fall is cascading downward on the roof shingles, when it would hit the inner diameter portion of a standard vent, there is less chance of water entry from jumping ver the dam, so to speak.

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mystery Vent

Thanks Ed. I was able to take your info and find out the vent is an Owens Corning VentSure High Performance Slant Back Roof Vent with Screen, Model VTS4-144.

Now, I need to find out if any can be purchased in the USA.

Can anyone help?

Thanks, RK

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
It is called a Slant Back Vent.

I think that Lomanco or Air Vent carry them and they are usually rated a bit higher for NFVA than a standard RV-50/51 mushroom style vent.

Also, the purpose of the rear slant back shield is to be installed on steeper slopes, not ones that are less than a slider, so that when the rain fall is cascading downward on the roof shingles, when it would hit the inner diameter portion of a standard vent, there is less chance of water entry from jumping ver the dam, so to speak.

Ed
This is a slant back vent yes, but if you're looking for an -exact- match good luck. There are many types of slant backs on the market.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.