Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the roofing discussions? Click here!

Looking for opinions and advice on website

6K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  keyhousemedia 
#1 ·
It seems that this site is chock full of well experienced,seasoned, computer savvy people.In which I am not,when it comes to web design,seo,etc..Would anyone be interested in looking at my site either from the back end or whatever and give me their thoughts on how to optimize or suggestions on what's good and what's not?
www.kaalconstruction.com. Appreciate your opinions!

#5 ·
The site has a decent amount of content and covers multiple towns. Just make sure each town is unique as possible for content. Refresh your content periodically and always be on the look out for a new page to add.

If you can, consider writing a press release here and there too as a means of promotion.

#11 ·
Do some research before picking a web deigner or SEO company. I learned the hard way i payed a guy about $4500 for 3 monthes SEO and i later learned i could have done it my self very easy stuff if you have time. Also dont work with somebody who is working for another roofing in your area because he is playing the competition

#12 ·
Do some research before picking a web deigner or SEO company. I learned the hard way i payed a guy about $4500 for 3 monthes SEO and i later learned i could have done it my self very easy stuff if you have time. Also dont work with somebody who is working for another roofing in your area because he is playing the competition

I did the same, spent thousands on the so called SEO expert, i now do all my own optimisation.

#14 ·
I've got a bunch of family and friends in North Ridgeville, so I'd love to offer some free advice.

Before I get into my thoughts on the site itself, let me give you a framework within which to operate:

You should think of your website as if it were a sales rep (where a new qualified web visit is cold call and a visitor that becomes a lead is the equivalent of a sale).

Why thinking this way matters...

Which matters more - whether you're sales rep is good looking or whether he/she generates a lot of prospects and closes deals? (of course, you'd like both)

When thinking about whether your website is good or bad, you need to assess it in terms of:

- How much visibility does it have in the organic search results on Google for keywords relevant to your business?

- How many qualified visitors does it introduce to your business each month? (people searching things like, "roofer north ridgeville" or "north ridgeville roof replacement" or "avon lake roofers")

- What percentage of qualified visitors does it convert into leads?

To determine all this stuff, you need to accurately track your website - from day one (when it feels like an unnecessary thing to do). To accurately track a roofing website, you need to install and (heavily) customize Google Analytics.

Google doesn't rank websites per se. Google ranks web PAGES. It ranks pages based on relevance and authority. Relevance is largely determined by the content you have on each page. Authority is largely determined by the authority of the websites linking to you (i.e. one link from the local Cleveland NARI chapter is worth 25 links from Danny Boy's).

So, one way to evaluate your site would be to (largely) ignore the aesthetics - which are subjective - and instead evaluate:

- SEO Score (your site scores a 40/100)
- Number of Pages (your site has 74 pages)
- Words per Page (your site has an average of 253 words per page)
- Links (your site has 13 other sites linking to it)

Whether these numbers are good or bad depends on two things:

1. Your business goals (if you want to grow to be a $1 million dollar company, you don't need the metrics someone trying to get to $10 million needs)

2. Your competition (the west side of Cleveland is not as competitive as other parts of the country)

I will tell you this...

I've analyzed over 5,000 remodeling websites (including a number of roofing companies). The top ranking local sites (keep in mind, these are the guys you think of when you think of the BIG local contractors in your area) have, on average:

- Website SEO scores of 85+
- 210 website pages
- 1,000 words per page
- 1,910 other sites linking to them

This should give you some perspective - and direction.

If you have other questions, I'd be happy to help. Leave the aesthetic critique to the lady-folk. Focus on the stuff you can actually measure and you'll do much, much better.

Ben

#15 ·
Company's need to start thinking of their websites as an investment here's why:

Your Website Goes on Your Biz Card
Your Website goes on all your advertising (PPC, Print, T.V., even Radio)
Your Website can be controlled by you not YP.com or Yelp, etc.
Your Website showcases your business 24 hours a day
Your website keeps you from having to cold call, it's a tangible marketing tool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.