Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got mine through Core States and they went bankrupt. I just found out a few days before my policy expires. Another company that was them behind them took over their accounts but they do not want to write any new policies for roofers.

They were charging me about 1.2 % of sales.

It seems like the others base the premium on payroll and they have high rates. Many Insurers’ don’t want roofers especially if you use subs.

What company do you use for liability insurance?

Where can you get the best rate?

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
The most obvious answer is to call the broker's names and numbers on your subs certificates that they have give you.

I use Grange. They contacted us with some direct mail and when renewal time came up we filed an application and they saved us some money so we went with them.

For roofing you're going to have to call around probably 20 places to get 3 quotes. We did and it wasn't fun. However for the fact that you sub all your work out you can get General Contractor's insurance which should be cheaper, and to be quite honest was what I had my first few years in business before I started hiring repair techs and other in house positions. Nobody would even classify me as a roofer since 80% or greater of the work was subbed out. I had no choice but to have GC insurance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.