Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for you fellas...

I'm thinking of drawing up a letter and mass mailing it to realtors and property management companies. I'm really out of my comfort zone here so I wanted to get some feedback on this idea. I'm curious if anyone else has done it before.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Do you get a lot of work from them already?

Realtors are notorious for just using your services for inspections and not getting the work required done.

Property managers, on the other hand, can be a gold mine, if you make contact with the right person and they remain with the management company for a while.

Ed

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We landed two property management companies already (another roofer referred us, which was kinda cool... matt does great work:thumbup: ) but we would like to get the word out there, so to speak. Being in a college town, almost all of the realtors here handle ALOT of rentals so we'd have to pitch to them too.

I'm not sure what to say. I can come up with a professional letter easily but selling to that type of market is a bit out of my comfort zone.

Someone had mentioned to charge a small fee for roof inspections called in by realtors just to cover the cost of gas and time to do it and hey, if you get a job out of it, great!

I donno.. you all are the experts so that's why I asked. :)

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
Here is what I just sent out and got a tremendous response! You'll see an offer in there, BTW nobody took me up on the offer...

«COMPANY_NAME»

«FIRST_NAME» «LAST_NAME»

or current «CONTACT_TITLE»,

«MAILING_ADDRESS»

«CITY», «STATE» «ZIP_CODE»

Re: High Quality roofing repair work, at a discounted value.

«FIRST_NAME» «LAST_NAME»,

I am writing today to introduce our services to your company or association. We specialize in roofing and gutter work on multi-family and commercial properties, and have provided our services to many of your colleagues. I would be very pleased to work with you on any of your projects within the Chicago and Suburban area.

As a special introductory offer we are offering the first hour of labor absolutely FREE on your first service request.*

We are fully licensed and insured and carry various manufacturer certifications. I can promise you quality workmanship, at a fair price with rapid scheduling. For your convenience I have included our “Rapid Response roofing request form”. Hang onto this form and fax it to us when ever you need our roofing service.

Please call me at 847-729-3496 for all your roofing needs. I sincerely believe you’ll be glad you did!

Respectfully,

*First hour free labor applies requires a minimum of 2 man hours. First hour free labor applies to “time and material” contracts only, and does not apply to “lump sum” or “fixed bid” contracts. This offer expires March 15th, 2009.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts