Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there own a Disto D5? If so, how are you using it to measure the roof? I was under the impression you would just run the laser down the roof seams, but thats not working. There is a pathagarean function, but it doesnt seem like you can use it from the ground. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
754 Posts
They had a video on their site, or Search YouTube for one, if I remember correctly.

Outside measuring with a laser seems to have some pitfalls, but if you find a way to do it accurately, please keep me updated.

Ed

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya I have seen the videos on youtube, and they werent much help. I got the number to the manufacturer, so hopefully they can help me out. I will let you know how it turns out. Thanks for the links.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I tried out iPhotoMeasure, now re-named as uPhotoMeasure and it took too many set-ups either for the digi-target or a measurement per elevation for a point of reference, but it was accurate.

Really cool guy who owns the company and marketed it, in case you are interested in that.

You take a photo and use a pre-measured "Digi-Target" in the photo view, or measure any item in the view and note the exact measurements.

Then you use the software and it re-calibrates the other fields that you render on your screen for the final calculations.

There was an informative thread on the JLC Forum a little over 1 to 1 1/2 years ago about measuring roofs with a Disto.

Ed

·
Registered
754 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.