Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here in the midwest, AT&T is the main advertising site which is yellowpages.com as many of you know, do you guys think this should be the prime source of advertising, being it usually runs by a pay per click payment method. we are a small but slowly expanding roofing co in search for a fast growing advertising method with good leads. any advice?
by the way, Happy Holidays !

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
I advertised with them and for a few months it was really good. Then for some reason they moved my adds all around, it was like night and day. I went from getting calls and clicks to nadda. My adds got moved to these obscure categories that nobody was going to search.

In addition I was in the books as well and getting zero calls. So I just stopped paying.

If I were you I would setup and manage your pay per click campaigns yourself. adwords.google.com marketingsolutions.yahoo.com I was not using their search engine management services, but was listed in their website for category searches. I was playing a flat fee per add per month. If it is PPC, I'd go back onto their service if listed on their page since I already do PPC on my own in google yahoo and msn.

For a quick boost to leads, have you tried services like service magic? I sell abotu 20% of the leads that come through them but you have to be real real aggressive about making contact with the customer since the lead goes to 3 other contractors.

·
Banned
28 Posts
Here in the midwest, AT&T is the main advertising site which is yellowpages.com as many of you know, do you guys think this should be the prime source of advertising, being it usually runs by a pay per click payment method. we are a small but slowly expanding roofing co in search for a fast growing advertising method with good leads. any advice?
by the way, Happy Holidays !
With sites like that you are simply a SMALL FISH in a BIG POND! People have to visit their site and then search to find you which adds more steps they have to do in order to find your business. If that isn't enough you are listed with allot of other contractors so they call you and the 3 people above you and below. Again SMALL FISH IN A BIG POND.

We offer a solution that makes you a BIG FISH in a SMALL POND. We cast a net of websites and internet properties that work for you and ONLY you in your local area. These websites get people call you in REAL-TIME and EXCLUSIVELY.

I would love to answer any question you have so feel free to ask,

Glenn

YourRoofingLeads.com
281-394-0833

·
Registered
21 Posts
Roofing Leads

Our SEO has grown our business to many geographical regions (14 cities and growing) - it works, but it is a lot of work and at this level it costs a lot of money to establish of course.

We can only service certain geographical regions and for the most part our existing customers keep us busy (our business grows at about 100% per year currently). We send new customer inquiries - roofing leads we can't use (we get roofing leads from all over North America) to a new roofing lead distribution platform at www.roofingleadsonline.com. It seems to work well for roofing contractors like us that can't service a lot of new clients and also for roofing contractors that need to grow new customers with fresh roofing leads.

They aren't your typically junk leads.... these are referred leads from top notch roofing contractors.

Our Roofing Contractor site: www.grscanadainc.com

Our Roofing Blog.

I advertised with them and for a few months it was really good. Then for some reason they moved my adds all around, it was like night and day. I went from getting calls and clicks to nadda. My adds got moved to these obscure categories that nobody was going to search.

In addition I was in the books as well and getting zero calls. So I just stopped paying.

If I were you I would setup and manage your pay per click campaigns yourself. adwords.google.com marketingsolutions.yahoo.com I was not using their search engine management services, but was listed in their website for category searches. I was playing a flat fee per add per month. If it is PPC, I'd go back onto their service if listed on their page since I already do PPC on my own in google yahoo and msn.

For a quick boost to leads, have you tried services like service magic? I sell abotu 20% of the leads that come through them but you have to be real real aggressive about making contact with the customer since the lead goes to 3 other contractors.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I haven't seen them come out with a good business model that allows for an acceptable cost per lead. The traditional phone book model worked, but when everyone went digital, it just couldn't keep up. Check it out for yourself though. I found it really expensive.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yellowpages are struggling to keep up with the changes in how businesses are marketed. Pay per click ads will only last as long as you keep paying. Also, there are no ethics in how the Yellowpages presents businesses, you are basically competing for ad space with your competition and the only winner is Yellowpages. People are smart and arepaying less and less attention to paid ads. Just because you buy an expensive ad doesn't mean your the best in the biz.

Try something that has a lasting effect and can actually grow your business organically.

Online Reviews (Yelp, Google Plus Local, Angieslist)
Thought Leadership (Blogging, Articles)
Customer Engagement (Emailing, Social Media)

If you must pay for ads, then go with Livingsocial or Groupon, or ClubLocal that don't have any upfront costs, only a 20-50% stake in the service.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think YellowPages advertising is worth the cost anymore (if it ever was). You'd be better off spending your money on online advertising.

·
Public Adjuster
116 Posts
I can put any roofing contractor on this forum on the first page of google within a week in their market for $199 per month. I've been around here since '09 so I am not spamming. I am a PA so I don't sell google placement for a living. If you have an interest, PM me and I will give you the info.

Jett

·
Public Adjuster
116 Posts
What's the name of your company, I want to see your add rankings
PM me and I will have our IT guy call you. I have no interest in debating whether what we have developed works or not on here, nor do I want to use the site to spam and promote. There is enough of that on here the way it is. If what we have the ability to do is useful to you after discussing it further, we are glad to help. I'll gladly discuss it in private.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am intrested!!!

With sites like that you are simply a SMALL FISH in a BIG POND! People have to visit their site and then search to find you which adds more steps they have to do in order to find your business. If that isn't enough you are listed with allot of other contractors so they call you and the 3 people above you and below. Again SMALL FISH IN A BIG POND.

We offer a solution that makes you a BIG FISH in a SMALL POND. We cast a net of websites and internet properties that work for you and ONLY you in your local area. These websites get people call you in REAL-TIME and EXCLUSIVELY.

I would love to answer any question you have so feel free to ask,

Glenn

YourRoofingLeads.com
281-394-0833
I am calling Today! Lets see what it is about!

My site is http://www.EliteImproves.com

·
Ben Landers
20 Posts
Regardless of the advertising method you choose, be sure to set up a system to accurately track and quantify your results. At a minimum, this means setting up and customizing Google Analytics and a call tracking service.

When you don't accurately track your advertising, you will over-invest in strategies that are ultimately ineffective and under invest or fail to test potentially profitable strategies. You'll also tend to become overly reliant on people in forums ;)

Hope this helps,

Ben

·
Ben Landers
20 Posts
PM me and I will have our IT guy call you. I have no interest in debating whether what we have developed works or not on here, nor do I want to use the site to spam and promote.
Well, you've already succeeding at both spamming the forum and creating more promotional fodder -- while implying that you're against it.

If any of you hire this guy, send me your URL and I'll make sure that you're not going to get thrown in virtual jail by Matt Cutts.

Ben

·
Public Adjuster
116 Posts
Well, you've already succeeding at both spamming the forum and creating more promotional fodder -- while implying that you're against it.

If any of you hire this guy, send me your URL and I'll make sure that you're not going to get thrown in virtual jail by Matt Cutts.

Ben
???????? Where the hell did that come from? I've been on this site for over four years and can count on one hand every time I've even mentioned SEO or SEM. Btw, who is Matt Cutts?

·
Ben Landers
20 Posts
???????? Where the hell did that come from? I've been on this site for over four years and can count on one hand every time I've even mentioned SEO or SEM. Btw, who is Matt Cutts?
This was the post I replied to:

I can put any roofing contractor on this forum on the first page of google within a week in their market for $199 per month. Jett
Not sure what about my other post threw you for a loop.

Ben

·
Public Adjuster
116 Posts
This was the post I replied to:

Not sure what about my other post threw you for a loop.

Ben
Ben, what I stated was a fact. PM me and I will give you the name and contact info for the party I am referring to. I know what you do for a living and apparently you hold yourself In pretty high regard. I would encourage you to speak with them personally before attacking me for trying to pass along some potentially helpful info tO the other construction professionals such as myself on this site. That's what we do here. Your motivation on this site is obvious. You are a vendor and a guest as far as I am concerned. You are out of line. Some here may want that info, Some may not. You will note I did not list his business name or contact info and actually went as far as to specifically request that info be exchanged in a PM so to NOT spam the form. I think you misinterpreted the verbiage of my post. I accept your apology in advance and appreciate your being a man and admitting you reacted without thinking.

·
Registered
15 Posts
@lashercontracting - Please don't take this the wrong way. I'm not defending the guy you're speaking to. In fact, I don't like the guy just from reading his post. I will say that you shouldn't generalize though. Not all lead guys are out to screw you. That is like me saying all roofers are drunken bastards when the sun goes down or when its raining. Yeah, many are. All aren't.

That being said, I do agree many of these 'roofing lead generating companies' are a complete sham. Even services like ServiceMagic may seem legit, but they are screwing you hard.

I can say that I just did a website review for a local roofer (free of charge), and what I did for him was identify all of his problems and lay out a clear plan of action on how he could fix them. He's not tech savvy at all and not even listed on Google Local.

This roofer had his website built by RoofWebs, a company that supposedly specializes in building websites for roofers. They do create visually appealing websites, but thats about as far as it goes. They use the exact same content only changing the service area and business name (this is VERY bad, considering they have over 140 sites up right now that are nearly identical).

They claim to offer SEO services and lead generation services to roofers as well, and they are over-charging for shitty service. They don't lay out what they will do for you, they just take your money and do little.

@buildpinnacle - I wrote out a long response to you, but deleted it. I have no interest in correcting your problems and helping you grow your business. I can say that anyone who offers SEO services should know who Matt Cutts is, and you not knowing leads me to believe you're full of shit.

If any of you have had any work done for you by buildpinnacle, I'd be happy to review it for you to make sure you're not getting screwed.

Ben (bluecorona) is spot on with his advice that I've read throughout the forums.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts