Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am fairly new to the business (this summer) and worked for a Storm Restoration Company that did not Cap-out any of my contracts. i wrote about 25-deals and most of them were built but the company starves thier salesman out so that will just go away.
I am wanting to work the Oct 18, 2011 storm in Murfreesboro Tn but i dont want to end up working for free again.
Does anyone know of a web site that lists Storm Restoration Companys that salesmen recommend.

Thanks for any help.

P.S. I would like to disclose the name of the company that ripped me and several other salesmen off but i dont know if thats allowed here.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'd think you're better off finding an established local company. One that cares about quality of their work, customer satisfaction & appreciates employee loyalty. There are plenty of them out there. Find an owner operator, get in on the ground floor & make a home for yourself. If your looking to sell just until the storm work runs out, there are still plenty of legit guys who'd be glad to have you aboard.

·
Chicago Area Roofing
52 Posts
Grumpy is right, most storm chasers are out and out crooks.
Find roofing company's that have been in business 20 years or more and you might have some luck dealing with guys who were in business before storm chasing became the most popular way of doing business.

·
Registered
942 Posts
There are plenty of companies who hire good salesmen and women. Don't be fooled by the 100K or more the chasing company promises you. A good local company may only be able to do half of that but it will damn sure be more stable.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Roofing rip-offs

Here's a news report from outside of our area. Do you think Kansas City isn't facing the same kind of problem?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbaZUqXYzis

Here are our hints for avoiding stormchasers:
Just like the reporter said, don't get hustled into making a quick decision and paying up front.
Make sure your roofers have harnesses, insurance, and full licensing. We follow all OSHA regulations so you never have to worry -- don't work with anyone who can't say the same.
Research the company before you commit. Bill West Roofing has been working in the Kansas City area for nearly 35 years. We're not going anywhere. If you need us tomorrow or next year, you can give us a call.
If you're in Grain Valley, Blue Springs, Johnson County, or anywhere in the Kansas City area, contact Bill West Roofing and let us fix your roof safely and securely.

·
room2roof.com
114 Posts
It is a Sad truth Stormers are crooks........Every dog has his day though and in the end these leeches will get theirs. I always pay my people correctly and support good loyal people so they feel respected and valued. I have a tough time keeping sales people sometimes because its like Women who have been with abusive men all their life..Once they meet a nice guy that cares about them, they lose him because they don't know how to treat him since all they know is..These Storm chasers slapping them around and dumping them like a 2 dollar hookers.
charlotte roofing company, charlotte nc roofers, roofing companies nc, roof contractors, roof repairs north carolina

·
Roofing Relapse
2,558 Posts
It is a Sad truth Stormers are crooks........Every dog has his day though and in the end these leeches will get theirs.
Do you really think so? Unless you are talking judgement day at the pearly gates with St. Peter, I don't think so. I would like to agree but for the most part crooks make money hand over fist in this country, storm chasers included.

If you have no conscience, this might be the job for you. LOL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts