Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Sales Slug
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would say yes and no. First off nothing will work 100% of the time. If it did it would be magical and I would sell it and make loads of mulah selling it.

I recently have changed my approach that has helped me go get more signed contracts even with other roofing salesmen in the area. This is an approach that will work with any type of sale.

The worst thing about canvassing is the amount of pressure we tend to put onto potential customers as well as ourselves.

What if you took that pressure away from both sides and actually got engaged into a real conversation with the HO. But how?

I've got the how that emits a positive response. Meaning the HO will talk to me for a few minutes. And if you do this with genuine sincerity you will blow the doors off your competitiors and become the all mighty canvassing guru. Nobody is doing it this way.

I will post my approach for FREE if there is enough people here asking for it.

Dave

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
OK,I`m asking-ones not enough ?? :)

·
Registered
755 Posts
I would Knock on the door, instead of ringing the bell, just in case there is a baby sleeping. Plus, don't most neighbors knock instead of ringing the bell? Or so I have been told at least.

Also, and I think this is key, have something to hand out to them for free. A pamphlet or a flier or anything, just to take the focus off of the uncomfortable cold call.

Now, don't presume that I know what I am doing with regards to cold cal knocking and canvassing, but I do read up on it a lot.

Ed

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
What about without hail storms ??? NY gets few hail storms,and the biggest are about 1/4" size

·
Registered
755 Posts
John,

It doesn't just have to be for storm damage insurance work.

It works for job site radius canvassing too.

I'm going to asign someone, plus myself, this coming year, to do just that by our job sites.

I also plan on a 3 tiered radius mailing to that same targeted zone.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts