Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Steam Ice Dam Removal Guy
30 Posts
When I put yard signs up on jobs I'm doing and leave them up for 30 days I usually get calls from crews like owning for work. But I usually would rather go off a recommendation from a friends be or people I know through construction. Now this is not best practice but if you see a sub at your supplier like abc ask if he is like king for work.

·
Steam Ice Dam Removal Guy
30 Posts
You are right, my problem with using subs is if they are any good they get busier and busier to the point they get more expensive and usually go into business only working for themselves after a couple years then you need to start all over again finding a new subcontractor.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It's a rare thing to find good roofing crews. We rely on past working relationships and we pay the good ones a higher rate. For new labours, sometimes we go through 10 people to find 1 good one. For good crews, we sign contracts with them. But we still need to go onsite checking on their work on a daily basis. You cannot trust 100%.

Safe Roofing Limited, Alberta
www.saferoofing.ca

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.