Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was discussing the lowly attendance figures at the Roofing Expo from the NRCA Show and it got me to thinking.....Hmmm?

The major vendors had smaller booth appearance or didn't participate this year. Did they miss the Marketing Boat?

Could you find a more appreciative Home Show Audience if you made the right offer to combat the perception of the recession?

What could that bargain be?

Energy Savings.....

Free Add-Ons.....

Price Roll-Back.....

Extended Labor Warranties if they contact you from the Home Show.....

One Year Zero Percent Financing Option.....

Up to 30% Energy Credit capping out at $ 1,500.00.....

How about some ideas from you guys?

I would think that the marketing guys from those major companies at the NRCA Roofing Expo Trade Show, would look at this as an opportunity to stand out even more, rather than to be just one of many vendors who's brand gets diluted with so many others present showing nearly the same things.

I have never done a Home Show, but I think I may try to partner up with someone with a non-competing remodeling trade or product and finally test the waters for the first time in my career.

Ed

·
Roofing Relapse
2,552 Posts
Ed any organization sets budgets. Budgets are almost always a % of forecasted revenue or forecasted profit. Ir-regardless if the forecasted revenue is less, the budget is less. Therefore the orginization must cut back the frills and focus on what works best.

We should all be doing the same. Infact we shouldn't need a rumored recession to force us. It's something we should do regularly as a means of self improvement.

I don't plan to try out any home shows any time soon as I can't see it lowering my cost per lead. Therefore I'm better off investing my monies elsewhere.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make a continuous follow up marketing plan with different messages and different offers to all of your new contacts acquired from your home show.

Do you have a picture of your booth display?

What were you using as a give away at the show?

Ed

·
Registered
168 Posts
I didn't give away anything. Just free estimates and maybe that was too much. I don't have any pics of my booth. I just tried to man the booth myself as much as possible. I did give away a little bit of marketing materials. I was kinda stuck between the lowest of the lowballers (this woman married the Mexican crew leader and the crew lives in her garage) and the Home Depot.

I got a few hi end jobs to look at. Just one of these will make it worth my while. So far I'm 0 for 5 on Homeshow leads.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Home Depot does charge a lot for their services here.

Looking back at last years spring show, I sold 120k from it. Not too shabby.

Yesterday, I sold a widow job, a 10 sq. metal roof, and a $1300 roof repair from the show. My 2 eco-star leads are yet to come.

I believe that the small jobs hold value too. They can lead to future work and refferals.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.