Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm glad to be a part of roofing talk.I'm into roofing sales these days and miss hanging with the gang.I'm from Philadelphia and we do low and steep slope roofing.In the land of rowhomes we do alot of torch down reroofs.Hopefully I will give as much as I take.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Welcome Tarface.

I see you already have been posting a few thoughts.

Invite a friend to join also, if you know of anyone that might be interested.

Ed

·
Expert Roofer
134 Posts
Hey Tarface !

·
Registered
755 Posts
Hello Tarface! from the land of the falling pound.............
Yeah, I read about the RBS, Royal Bank Of Scotland and their 41 Bilion Dolar Loss for the past year.

It seems as if your government is doing bank money grants too, just like the US did.

What controls doe England place on those money grants.

Ed

·
Roofing Expert
353 Posts
Yeah, I read about the RBS, Royal Bank Of Scotland and their 41 Bilion Dolar Loss for the past year.

It seems as if your government is doing bank money grants too, just like the US did.

What controls doe England place on those money grants.

Ed
Hi Ed, yeah its a pretty sorry state of affairs regarding RBS, there the second bank to be bailed out here with the goverment nationalising Northern Rock Bank last year and now RBS is virtually govermnet owned.
At least in the U.S they try and bring those who got us in the mire to count, over here they seem to just get paid off with a nice pension to match!
I read in the paper today that The U.K's national debt is due to reach £1 Trillion pound by 2012!
At least you have the Obama factor to make you feel good! we have a goverment in that have been here since 97 and they run out of ideas the moment Tony Blair left!!!
Cheers
Dave
P.S. I have never had so much work, mad eh!

·
Registered
755 Posts
There was NO accountability or restrictions placed on the banking industry here in the U.S. that I am aware of.

They were just given a blank check to do with, whatever they pleased.

Several larger banks immediately bought out some of their competitors, now reducing the options available for larger credit card primary merchants even smaller, to the point of becoming a virtual even more so Monopoly.

They seem more focused on restrictions with the auto industry bail-out money though, but only time will tell.

Ed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts