Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<P>Ok maybe I could have searched the threads for the answer but I thought I'd just save some time and ask it.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>I have run into this a couple of times while installing metal panel roofing where the fireplace has been converted into gas logs the chiminey is used to vent the logs. My question is this:</P>
<P>Is the tempreture of the air coming out of the vent high enough to warrant a high temp boot around the pipe? I have been putting hi temp but my supplier tells me that with a vent that it could be just a standard boot.</P>
<P>Most of the time this is on mobile homes. Covering a shingle roof with metal. If its unvented logs I just cover it up. If I cant determine or the H/O doesnt know I'll install an insulated piece of stove pipe with the High temp.</P>
<P> </P>

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok I get the 1" gap and the collar if its a chimney. What I'm asking is on a gas log vent pipe. Is the tempreture coming out of the vent too hot for a regular rubber boot or does ity need to be a Hi temp?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.