Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
BirdHouse

So, I get to the job early like any other day. Then the crew starts coming in and last to arrive is Millhouse. This of-course isn't his name but rather a nick-name used day to day on the job. Millie pulls into the drive way, but then, decides to back out shortly after. Everyone is getting ready (low temps) and all the sudden, BOOM!!! what the hell was that?!? millie gets out of his truck and walks around to the back to see what he had backed into. I thought he might have hit a light post in the yard, until we all get around and see that he had backed into a tree stump about 4 foot high, and decorated with a few birdhouses. The impact bent the bottom rung of the step ladder hangin out of the back. Also, one of the birhouses' had been destroyed. The whole time boss was on the way. So when he arrived, he got out and asked mille if he had something to tell him when millie replied "No" as if he knew he was in trouble. But it all was ok, no one was mad or sad just :laughing:

So later in the day, it hit me.....

"Millhouse!"

"What?"

"Instead of Millhouse, now we'll call you Birdhouse"

A few days later two of us are at the Man-cave for some brew's, when an idea, lets build millie a birdhouse and even put a roof on it. so we did, it was so much fun and he was really happy about it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So, I get to the job early like any other day. Then the crew starts coming in and last to arrive is Millhouse. This of-course isn't his name but rather a nick-name used day to day on the job. Millie pulls into the drive way, but then, decides to back out shortly after. Everyone is getting ready (low temps) and all the sudden, BOOM!!! what the hell was that?!? millie gets out of his truck and walks around to the back to see what he had backed into. I thought he might have hit a light post in the yard, until we all get around and see that he had backed into a tree stump about 4 foot high, and decorated with a few birdhouses. The impact bent the bottom rung of the step ladder hangin out of the back. Also, one of the birhouses' had been destroyed. The whole time boss was on the way. So when he arrived, he got out and asked mille if he had something to tell him when millie replied "No" as if he knew he was in trouble. But it all was ok, no one was mad or sad just :laughing:

So later in the day, it hit me.....

"Millhouse!"

"What?"

"Instead of Millhouse, now we'll call you Birdhouse"

A few days later two of us are at the Man-cave for some brew's, when an idea, lets build millie a birdhouse and even put a roof on it. so we did, it was so much fun and he was really happy about it.
:laughing: that's great

1 - 4 of 4 Posts