Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
  • Welcome! Are you ready to join the roofing discussions? Click here!

Equipter

Tags
equipter
29K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  easyroofer 
#1 ·
Anybody familar with roof buggy equipter

#3 ·
I have a equipter. for over 6 years now.best investment i ever made in my over 40 years of roofing. the equipter has so many benefits. hard to list them all. if you are serious about you busness it is a must,what would you like to know, or if you like ill give you my phone no, let you in on some rally good benfits.:thumbup:

#11 ·
Talked to a guy at Menards last year who was one of the first buyers of the Roofer Buggy. He liked it and his only problem was when he overloaded it the arms and ram broke but he realized it was his fault.

WAY TO SPENDY FOR MY APPLICATIONS.

Most of customers only allow lawn mowers in their yard. Unless they dropped the single axle 35in tire too much weight in one spot for the yard.

Sure it may not leave a mark in the yard in the middle of Summer after it hasn't rained for a month.

For that kind of money would rather buy a Lull style lift with large basket, it could do so much more...

#12 ·
Roofer Buggy

Hello,I purchase the Equipter [roofer buggy] in March 2012.
My company increase volume of work by % 30 with the same
crew from 2011. The concerns with it being to heavy for homeowners
yards was never an issue. We used the tracks provided and most
homeowner had no concerns with yard damage as they new this
is a the best way to transfer debris from there roof to dumpster.
The Equipter is a bullet proof machine with proper maintenance
and proper use. I far as my company is concerned they reinvented
the wheel for ROOFING:thumbup:

#14 · (Edited)
How much does the Equipter weigh empty?

Now add the weight of shingles upwards 300# a square.

I think buying a scissor lift dump truck would make more sense but I am also for not driving off driveways. $30,000+ for the Equipter, how much additional to a new dump truck could a scissor add?

This is better.

Attachments

#17 ·
How much does the Equipter weigh empty?

Now add the weight of shingles upwards 300# a square.

I think buying a scissor lift dump truck would make more sense but I am also for not driving off driveways. $30,000+ for the Equipter, how much additional to a new dump truck could a scissor add?

This is better.
That there is WAY WAY better than a roofers buggy.

#18 ·
Roof Buggy

We purchased an equipter at the end of last year and love it! We are considering purchasing a second one later this year. We have used it several times a day after a heavy rain and have had no trouble, its not hard on the grass and no rutts. It makes clean-up so much faster, it eliminates an entire step. You dont throw shingles on the ground at all. Straight into the equipter. Its a no brainer. It can be used for alot more than clean-up, on steep roofs we put the shingles in the equipter as well as the laddervater and took the shingles straight from the equiper to the ridge instead of the eave or rake. The only people I have heard make negative comments are the ones that dont have one......

#20 ·
I just purchased one this last week. The company rep's were a pleasure to deal with. I talked with a few roofers who own one. They all talked it up ! ! I can't wait for the spring to arrive to get out and use it. The videos are all great, but when I saw it for the first time, I was impressed. My crew is also excited that I purchased one.

#21 ·
Great Tool depends on organization

'I've seen these in use, the company that uses it loves it and so do the homeowners. It does the job for safe clean up. Of course there are landscaping issues where it wont work but for the most part you are safe. The arguments against it are mostly cost related. Also, many companies have gotten really good at tarping / protecting landscaping. One company I know says there is no operational benefit for them with multiple crews cross trained they always have a crew available and pay piece rate so getting done a day earlier doesn't seem to matter.

As a previous roofer though I would have loved to have one.

www.researchroofing.com

#22 ·
Hate roofing

In response to vtroofing comment....(I hate roofing)......If you truely hate roofing....you should quit....I see this comment posted on here by other roofers. If you do hate it....sad to say you are staying only for the money, because most of the haters complain that there is no money in roofing. I hope the day I wake up and hate roofing, I go to work and tell my crew I'm done....Is it the work or is it that you yourself aren't happy and that carries over to your choice of occupation. I read Grumpy's post the other day and was saddened to hear about his outlook on life at the present time. Always look forward to his post and others, but when I see post from people in our profession that state that they hate it.....I feel bad for them and their families. Life is too short to continue to do something if you don't get any satisfaction out of it. :yes:

#27 ·
I bought the buggy in I believe 2007 or 08. It is in great condition mechanically. It is definitely a used buggy but everything is very sound and solid. We have kept up on the upkeep and fix anything that has come up right away. I think we are asking $17K. I have a local guy interested but nothing is for sure yet.
Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.