Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if most roofing contractors generally drug test? I recently moved from colorado where I had a prescription and used marijuana for my back pain. But now that i'm here back in california i'm afraid to use it in fear of drug testing. i recently started a new roofing gig with a crew and they haven't said anything about drug testing until today. I thought i was fine but i was at a party 3 weeks ago and tried it again. my back never felt so good.

Anyhow now i'm worried that my new boss might piss test me. According to "stuff stoners Like" a site i proably shouldnt' trust,

http://stuffstonerslike.com/2015/05/how-long-does-weed-stay-in-your-system/

"Generally, newbies may show positive for 1-6 days, moderate users might test positive for 7-13 days and frequent and heavy smokers may show positive for 15 or even 30 or more days or more.

So I might be fine anyhow, but is this common? I never took no drug test back in Colorado.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If your back is that bad , As a employer I am not sure I would want you working for me, could end up costing me money. Reguardless of the reason , if you are coming to work and not clear headed it is a problem. Just like a drunk showing up , has no business on a roof. There are good reasons for drug test and it is not just to give you a hard time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Drug and alcohol use in the Construction Industry is not only irresponsible; it is dangerous. Accidents caused by poor decision-making and slowed reaction times from drugs and/or alcohol can cause serious trouble.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with what the others said - no illegal drugs, period.

That being said, how long it stays in your system depends on your body's fat content, so it's a little different for each person.

Best bet is just to stay clean and then you won't have to worry about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I agree with what the others said - no illegal drugs, period.

That being said, how long it stays in your system depends on your body's fat content, so it's a little different for each person.

Best bet is just to stay clean and then you won't have to worry about it.
^^ correct

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would recommend you switch to ibuprofen or a non-narcotic muscle relaxer. You want to keep on your toes in this business.

·
Registered
2 Posts
You should be good if you haven't smoked in three weeks and were not smoking regularly before that. Would not recommend cannabis for pain relief if you're roofing, though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I worked with a guy once (desk jobs) who said
Reality is the punishment for those who don't do drugs.

Like the movie title, Reality Bites. It tends to do that. :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
For physical pain, I guess your options are surgery, acupuncture and hypnosis. And then there is psychosomatic pain (Conversion Disorder, a psychic conflict converted into a physical symptom).
Ay, yi, yi. . .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts