Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone want to go over some good approaches to door knocking or sales pitches. I have been in business for 5 years and usually work off leads and word of mouth, so closing a sale isn't too hard for me. However, I am trying to put together a good sales team. Any help on pitches and door to door??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Door knocking

It is vital for my business - just start by knocking on the door :) If your sales team are good talkers, they will figure it out. Seriously though, having a script is helpful. The best door knocking for us has been when we are already working in the subdivision - that's what we use for our opening line.

Atlanta Roofer

·
Registered
72 Posts
A single tip: Perfectly blend your logic and your emotions
Your prospect surely won't be looking forward to a bag full of facts and logic. Remember people generally think from heart while buying. The vindication certainly takes place but later on. You need to cash in on this and try to connect with the prospect. Humor is another sure shot armor to build a rapport with your prospects.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I just want to say, even though my link was completely relevant and directed towards our most recent batch of marketing material, it has been removed.

I find this odd, especially in a help forum.
I didn't understand what you meant. Sorry, could you explain?

·
room2roof.com
114 Posts
Alot of folks would be happy to have a local roofer knock on their door. Most of the good door knockers work for storm chasers........it is so easy just have a little guts and when they open the door say hello and explain why you are there.....using spiels and tactics only makes good customers feel like you're a sleazeball.

roofing and roof repairs - charlotte nc | kannapolis roof replacement

·
Roof Pro of Vermont
351 Posts
I feel for those knocking on doors for hail damage- unless the house is riddled with other obvious damage ie: siding, gutters, broken windows, ect.

I have had great success in knocking on doors, but it is always helpful to already be in the area working and not selling at the door but giving. People know if they need a roof. Just be polite, honest and helpful.

Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I think it's important to establish what your door-knocking objective is. If you're sending your closers/full sales staff, then you can get right into a measure. If you're sending lead generators to either get names or set appointments, then that's your objective. Build a simple script for your folks around your objective.

I also think it is way easier to knock doors around a job currently in progress. I introduce myself, and ask them if they would please use this flyer to contact me if any of the debris from the installation blows into their yard. It's a nice way to show your concern for them and give them the opportunity to open up about what they might need.

Aaron

www.american-roofing.biz

·
Registered
43 Posts
The best thing you can do is have references, if you can establish relationship with the person you are one foot closer into the door. Things like neighbors name, homes you have in contract on the same block, homes you built near them, others you did the inspection for. Again if you can build a relationship you will get the time to say whatever it is you wish to say. If you don't, doesn't matter your pitch they will shut the door and not let you even spit it out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.