Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am still waiting for WFC to get done, or even get working on mine. From what others have said, it looks pretty close to being finished, but that is how it has been for at least 4 months now.

www.RightWayRoofingCompany.com

The text still is not mine on their yet either.

I don't know if my map feature request is bogging them down, or just that they are overloaded from their initial success.

Ed

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great... I hadn't seen how far along it was. I wonder what's taking them so long?

The real test will be how many leads it gets you and how well it does in the search engines.

·
Slate and Metal Roofer
435 Posts
I have to disagree ED. As soon as a name is chosen, it should be online and findable. I have 2 'Under Construction' now. That's all that's there. It takes time for a site to be part of your marketing and information portfolio.
Sites offering service, etc must be updates weekly at the least. Google notes the changes and if there are none, you eventually disappear.
No site is ever finished. It must constantly evolve.

This forum does so by we, the posters adding new content daily and hourly.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I have to disagree ED. As soon as a name is chosen, it should be online and findable. I have 2 'Under Construction' now. That's all that's there. It takes time for a site to be part of your marketing and information portfolio.
Sites offering service, etc must be updates weekly at the least. Google notes the changes and if there are none, you eventually disappear.
No site is ever finished. It must constantly evolve.

This forum does so by we, the posters adding new content daily and hourly.
Okay, well it doesn't have any of my stuff on it yet.

He is supposed to be getting to it next week and after that, I will use someone else if he doesn't follow through finally.

Ed

·
Residential Roofer
227 Posts
Got three calls from my website this week,
signed off on two of the estimates, not sure if the third is going to sign with me or not, I bid it at the higher end of my price sheet,
bad side of town, chopped up, steep and back side of the home has three layers with the front having just two,
so I priced it honestly but on the high side,
and won't be losing any sleep if I don't get it.

·
Roofing Relapse
2,556 Posts
Sly do you have a son named Rob in the chicago area. I know a carpenter who looks pretty much exactly like you.

Sorry to be off topic.

Also nate, why does the site have so many redirects, or clicks when ever a page loads it clicks 3,4 maybe 5 times. Your other forums don't do that. it's no real problem, but it reminds me of popups because they make the same noises. Plus when I want to hit backspace (gback history), I have to press it 2-3 times to get to the previous page.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Grumpy,

I have been having the same exact problem with CT and DIY and RT for about the past week or so, but only on my work computer, not my home one.

I use IE-7 mostly at the office and Mozilla Fire Fox at home.

Ed

·
Registered
755 Posts
You can just hear a whole bunch of clicks after you click on one of the radio buttons.

Then, it does not want to move to the next page that you clicked on unless you multiple click the button.

Ed

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Man, it's hard to figure out what's wrong since I'm not seeing it. Is it happening at home on Firefox as well? Maybe I need to try the site out on IE.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts