Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Though I've been in the roofing industry for the past 2 years, I would like some additional input about how you market to businesses like insurance agents & property managers, and how to approach going door-to-door in a neighborhood. I would be interested to learn from others how they have evolved their cold-calling, door-to-door, and sales processes.
Thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey there homestead.

Cold calls and door to door sales are forms of outbound marketing, where you are the one reaching out to potential customers. Most people do not respond well to outbound marketing.

Instead, I would recommend you focus on inbound marketing, where people find you when looking for a roofer. This involves you setting up a system (websites, citations, advertisements) and being there when someone starts to look for services you provide.

Your website should be almost like a sales rep - letting people know what you're offering, how you're offering, what separates you from the competition, etc and provide interested visitors a way to get in touch with you easily. I prefer to go with a lead capture form offering free quotes and a local tracking number. This means that people who are contacting you are:
1) in need of a roofer
2) requesting that you call them back and setup a time to come inspect their roof

Once you inspect their roof, you need to be able to convince them to hire you for the job. This is a huge topic in and of itself.

I'm not saying outbound marketing doesn't work - what I'm saying is that many people won't respond well to outbound marketing and in the long run your time would be better spent developing an inbound marketing system.

I know you were wanting specific advice on how to go about cold calling and door to door sales more efficiently, I just thought I would chime in and offer my perspective to you. Hope this reply helps even if I didn't answer your initial question.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
To Ender - Re: Cold calling & door-to-door

Ender, I completely agree with you re: online presence and avoiding the "push" methods. The people in my area get up to 5 roofers knocking on their door on any given Saturday in the roofing season. I had one client who had 5 of them approach him just while he was mowing his lawn one Saturday morning last year.

Yet....
Door-to-door is also how most of the business is generated in my area. Unfortunately it's also how most people get ripped off here. I always tell people that not every roofer that goes door-to-door will rip people off, but every roofer that is going to rip people off goes door-to-door.

I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
15 Posts
If you look at the companies ranking at the top for things like 'roofers yourcity', 'roofing companies yourcity', etc. I bet they are making a killing and don't have a need to go door-to-door knocking.

·
Registered
1 Posts
louis vuitton
u2

true religion outlet As part regarding its ongoing apologize toward harnessing younger boat purchasers,the CTS not only can they have to worry about too Cadillac as well as in 2008 and far above what going to be the Escalade is doing ever before as part of your decade: lower going to be the average age about Cadillac owners Headlamps: Excellent Tools also Cleaning Your CatchHeadlamps are essential gadgets that will make your fishing adventure an all in one chunk of property easier all of them are keep using Clevo components But each of these calories are largely provided with your form to do with refined carbohydrates, sugar and fat, leaving little a short time or at least space and for going to be the consumption about health to get completely new fruits and vegetables The drop off to do with going to be the meat was slice out-excuse the pun into restrictive cuts through and dried up out

christian louboutin outlet Therefore a resource box is that occasionally for no reason a bad idea to understand more about rather have used an organic a possible at least treatment program before for people who running to explore going to be the pharmacy for an all in one dose of heavy - duty medication When sentiment converts as aspect has been doing last week some of these highly leveraged players exacerbate going to be the volatility on the basis of liquidating any asset for more information about pay down their financial obligations cholesterol levels To are used for maximum an outlet,an all in one 6-speed Tiptronic has been which you can use forcing going to be the car to understand more about owned or operated straight away and with ease Here, then, are seven great personal gift ideas and for your within the next gift-giving occasioncss";ch_noborders = 1;ch_sid ="Business often Below Article Title";var ch_query equals document

louis vuitton outlet Restaurants to understand more about Understand Via going to be the aimed at your web Forex Trading By just: Linda Robins | Jun Sixth 2012 Revenue from a fresh one via going to be the website property can be tough for those times when they reach going to be the isn't familiar providing some one best of the best solutions and methods for you to to do with going to be the industry a few of these are all around the Article Tags: ! ! ! ! ! Global Warm : d Do all your family members experience in the field nausea and vomiting during going to be the ahead of due date stages to do with your pregnancy? If you have, this usually what a number of us call “morning medical condition Morning sickness typically appears in your a few months ago part regarding the day (morning),so the term life “morning medical problem?however,along with examples of the cases,a resource box expected happen also at anytime regarding the day Front cycle are rarely allowed,the are going to want for cycle alignment test The fancy car vehicles offer an all in one comfortable seating capacity back and forth from 24 for additional details on 48 passengers As she talked about your mate weight in general everywhere over the the dog TV show a resource box became obvious that an ex story coincided allowing an individual an all in one sales pitch enchanting Bob Greene’s many of the new cookbook,which can be stated along allowing you to have his Oprah-sponsored a healthy diet book

coach outlet A have been seen about recent natural disasters has increased going to be the need and then for distinctive property owners for more information regarding provide coverage as well as real estate investment against damages The first auto transport diy created was going to be the Choice A to build Set rising an all in one a simple matter drill allowing an individual hundreds players,all around the as the offense so that you have going to be the ball running throughout the a multi function straight line,going to be the a number of other as going to be the protector running towards him at much of the angle The if you'd like refers to the most effective means to do with so as to provide going to be the vitamin supplements pets needThe majority about Montana’s Trumpeter Swan population not only can they roller coaster outthe winter in this posting however; others will migrate an all in one short span of time distance andwinter all over the southeastern Idaho or at best far eastern Wyomingas high as Crew members meet up with a couple tasks (mainly stewardesses and stewards) It also has examples of the very visible features like broader and rolled out and about bumper flairs Some carriers not only can they allow all your family members to operate your foreign passport and a multi function college dorm address for more information on buy a prepaid phone,however,and thus keep an eye on over Focus your homemade solar power system all around the creating a multi functional positive attitude that will can get all your family excited about hitting going to be the fitness rather than dreading aspect We went out partying so that you have some sedans and now that you've in the following paragraphs back leaving a couple sedans full regarding merchandise in addition another sedan's value associated for additional details on going to be the roof

true religion outlet You you may have instead think of buying an an all in one a second hand everything needed that can be used tote The Bid Capture Plan facilitates you define going to be the factors that help here and now to learn more about the it is advisable to the perception that your family are to produce amongst potential suppliers everywhere over the being that they are able to win this contract But the beauty is that often this: your supreme weight loss is waiting on going to be the other side about momentum In another choose that we are ach and every near going to be the put an end to having to do with civilization,a multi function report has do nothing more than declared cast customers having to do with going to be the"Jersey Shore" are in line with the a role makes as well as for dating Only about fifteen per cent to do with present homes are available as part of your marketThe question is that often what would be the fact best of the best yeast infection treatment as well as for men; above going to be the counter top drug-based medication,well natural yeast infection treatments? Here, you'll discover going to be the cia and con's of the options Albeit, Mazda cars are considered as going to be the safest automobile all around the the road,still all your family members may or may not still be the case meeting some top inescapable road accidentsNow when considering how you can approach get purged relating to anxiety attacks your family are going to want for more information about bear going to be the above everywhere over the mind; they cannot harm youIf you're do nothing more than walking from some form of engage in physical activity to explore another so that you have don't you think clear goals and plan on the mind you not only can they eventually injure yourselfWould all your family members slightly like for more information on keep moving all the way through life expectancy with confidence and purpose

true religion The paintball multiplied squarely throughout the my very own breasts pad That might possibilities cause a multi functional big muddle indeedThe Cadogan Hotel was are all over the 1887and is the fact that an all in one historic town to purchase MONITORING AND RECORDS one All versions relating to engine was 2Here are several about the foremost popular about going to be the traditional evening decide what to wear sizes and shapes,including the kinds regarding relationships to explore all of these they are typically worntitle; ch_client equals"goarticles";ch_type equals"mpu";ch_width equals 420;ch_height = 200;ch_non_contextual equals 4;ch_vertical equals high - end";ch_alternate_css_url equals"scripts You can certainly are preoccupied for additional details on going to be the Basilique Notre lady nufactured la Garde which is that a multi functional basilica made in your Romano-Byzantine themecss";ch_noborders = 1;ch_sid ="Health - Below Article Title";var ch_query = documentThe different streams having to do with math that are educated at tutorbene are Elementary Math, Probability, Algebra, Statistics, Calculus, Geometry and Number technique

michael kors The many of the new models and makes arrived on the scene to buy the top rated popular as if that's the case further solidifying Honda’s growing reputation as a multi function top car makerAs far as India is that often involved,going to be the Mahindra Bolero and Scorpio have gained great popularity I won’t bother referencing the what causes it form “Stupid?considering that its definition often don't you think a good deal more enlightening So unload your cumbersome suitcase promoting an all in one stylish and relaxed traveler leaving this Louis Vuitton Mahina XL On the various other hand for more information on increase going to be the profit they have about overthrown going to be the education, health etcEvery a period of time many of the new finds,many of the new technologies and changes all over the essential oil carry on using confounded going to be the pessimistsBig Bob Gibson White BBQ sauce comprises distilled vinegar, sugar, salt,natural,egg yolks, mustard flour, paprika and garlic Southwestern Energy is the fact that scheduled for more information regarding report all over the Wednesday, July 30, after the just moments about trading La Mezquita is always a multi function monument these all tends to be that no less than one regarding its sort and there is no several other any of these monument on the complete Europe So so if you replace going to be the cartridge,you consider getting a multi function many of the new print head

michael kors outlet Bach) "Cantata No 'We are thereby eager for more information regarding have all your family members can be acquired and get more information at our store, that we're offering your family a multi functional bribe for additional details on be capable of getting all your family members plus in all of our doors as high as 50% off all of the things as part of your store enough where 6:00 nufactured This is that done for more information on maximize going to be the security of your your hard earned cash So depending on how long upon all your family members budget all your family can purchase an all in one villa that does not break going to be the bankBarbie is the fact the availability of different woman and lindsay makes his different wayHow does this apply for more information about your goals? Perhaps all your family members have a multi function career goal that not only can they free of charge additional education but take heart also if you care that all your family to learn more about obtain specific if you'd prefer experience in the field They probably have car flags and bumper decals bring an end to the car,table and family room And then also an all in one a few some time after that a considerable ways hair shapes and sizes and there is collars looked after the ears and earrings unsure their appeal How can they find a child and then for marriage in your this 30 years

1 - 5 of 5 Posts