Roofing Talk - Professional Roofing Contractors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 1600 sqft hip roof that ends with about only a 2ft ridge at the top. The home is in northern Canada and will see temps of -45F to 90F. There is also substantial snow in the winter. I have calculated the appropriate venting/2 for the peak and will install raised spot vents. Each is good for 120 sq in of ventilation. The roof has 4 sides to the small ridge peak. I am thinking to install 3 vents on the 3 sides not including the street side(for ascetics) as close as possible to the peak. This would put the 3 vents at approximately the same height about 1ft down from the peak. There is adequate soffit ventilation. Any concerns with this regarding cross ventilation? I am using 3 of the same type of raised spot vents.
Thanks[/B]

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your good. You might be able to get away with 7 vents, all on back side. A row of 3 close to ridge with a row of 4 directly below them
Are you saying a row of 3 just on 1 of the 4 sides? To get 3 in a row they would have to be quite aways below the top, probably 4 ft down so not exactly getting the hottest air out.
The 4 directly below would that not take away from the flow from the vented soffit ?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts