Roofing Leads - Residential Roofing - Contractor Talk

Roofing Leads

Old 08-18-2015, 07:06 PM   #1

Trade:

Roofing Leads

Anybody had any experience with a lead service Home Advisor. We are trying them for 7 months now and the leads are not that great. We are also working on our SEO marketing for our roofing website: http://www.carolinastormroofing.com but also had bad experience with the marketing company Townsquare. Anybody had successful compains or lead services in your areas? Right now it is only customer refferal that brings us business. Thank you for any input!

Advertisement

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. RoofingTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 08-21-2015, 09:56 AM   #2

Trade: Roofing

Re: Roofing Leads

I'm also considering Home Advisor right now to get more leads for my roofing business. If any of you have had dealings with them in the past can you please share your experience with the rest of us. Thank you kindly!
Old 08-23-2015, 02:19 AM   #3

Trade:

I had used home advisor and experienced several neg things so stopped using them after month 4.

Then... I signed up with instabell at the end of last month. cross my fingers, it has been an a great experience to date. they have been giving me a consistent flow a new customers and charge per lead. it s $29 per lead and all the leads come with an appt, customer name, address, email, phone. and the best thing is they confirm the appt the day of w the customer. i like the service so far, the on boarding was easy, the staff seems very with it and seem like industry experts.

InstaBell had a very rigorous screening processes but was definitely worth it. they only work with one contractor per area so that makes it great for my business. i know they are in all of california and most of the western states plus the tri-state, new england area. their website is www.instabell.com

and about lead gen... i like lead gen companies as long as they are not reselling that same customer lead over and over. that is what i don't like about angies and home advisor.

marketing is a constant thorn on my side. i love focusing on just WOM and local referrals but don't we always have to search for additional leads? it's just the game that we're in.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:40 AM   #4

Thanks SFRoofing! What didn't you like about Home Advisor? I'm in Canada and Instabell is not available here, though it looks very promising.
Old 08-25-2015, 03:49 PM   #5

Trade:

i didn't like the way they send leads out to 3 ppl at once. and they give a head start to my competitors.
ie- gave lead to Roofmaster at 12noon
sent me the lead at 1230pm...

didn't make sense, i think they do that for some internal marketing reason. but it didn't level out the playing field.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:56 AM   #6

Trade:

HomeAdvisor is not what it used to be. When it was Service Magic it was much better, but it's almost like they got to big or they ended up getting too much competition for good leads. Most of their leads are junk. We've been using a search marketing company and it's been working well for us. It took a little time for the SEO to kick in, but we have lot's of high ranking in our market and it keeps getting better. Just have to find the right company to work with.

Roof Solutions & Construction
Old 08-26-2015, 08:29 AM   #7

That doesn't sound very appealing. It looks to me it's more of a bidding process if they send the same lead to multiple companies. Thanks for sharing that detail SFRoofing, i've been thinking of giving Home Advisor a try but now i'll just move on to something else.
Old 11-05-2015, 11:41 AM   #8

Trade:

With SEO... The key is to focus on creating content that other websites WANT to link to. If your SEO company isn't doing that, then I'd suggest you look else where.