Referring Websites May Help Our Ranking - Business, Marketing, and Sales - Contractor Talk

Referring Websites May Help Our Ranking

Old 04-16-2012, 04:03 PM   #1
West Palm Beach Roofing

Trade: Roofing
Referring Websites May Help Our Ranking

Hello All,

I am looking to connect with other roofing contractors that are also doing search engine optimization. From my understanding having other roofing contractors websites pointing to my website West Palm Beach Roofing Repairs will help with the ranking. Vise Versa.

Also, I understand that if you don't have a well optimized site or you have used illeagal ways to optimize it can hurt us as well.

So with that being said, is there any roofing contractors looking to link to one another for seo purposes.

David

Advertisement

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. RoofingTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 04-18-2012, 12:23 PM   #2
Sales Connoisseur

Trade: Contractor, Project Manager, Consultant
Send a message via Skype™ to RoofYourWorld

Re: Referring Websites May Help Our Ranking

I would be interested in talking with you...

Maybe we can arrange an video interview or guest blog posting...
Old 04-18-2012, 10:18 PM   #3
Platinum

Trade: Commercial & Residential

Link exchanges are always frowned upon, that is according to Googles terms of service which we all know rule the search engine world. Build your online presence naturally and you'll reap the benefits. I have another site other than my roofing website that's ranks on page one of google for great (GREAT) keywords and I'm in a huge market, all in part to great white hat tactics. It just takes time, do the right thing and you'll reap the rewards later.
Old 04-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Sales Connoisseur

While "link exchanges" may be frowned upon...

Guest blogging is an extremely beneficial way to increase SEO, build new online followers and network.
Old 04-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #5
West Palm Beach Roofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofYourWorld View Post
I would be interested in talking with you...

Maybe we can arrange an video interview or guest blog posting...
That's what I meant not an actual link exchange. Thank you for clearing up the terminology. What are your thoughts on Guest Blogging or How would the interview video work?
Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #6
West Palm Beach Roofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandRoof View Post
Link exchanges are always frowned upon, that is according to Googles terms of service which we all know rule the search engine world. Build your online presence naturally and you'll reap the benefits. I have another site other than my roofing website that's ranks on page one of google for great (GREAT) keywords and I'm in a huge market, all in part to great white hat tactics. It just takes time, do the right thing and you'll reap the rewards later.
Thanks for the feed back
Old 04-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #7
West Palm Beach Roofing

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofYourWorld View Post
While "link exchanges" may be frowned upon...

Guest blogging is an extremely beneficial way to increase SEO, build new online followers and network.
You are absolutely right.
Old 04-23-2012, 08:35 AM   #8
Sales Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by westpalmbeachroofing View Post
That's what I meant not an actual link exchange. Thank you for clearing up the terminology. What are your thoughts on Guest Blogging or How would the interview video work?
I think guest blogging is great for many reasons. My website (link in signature) deals with roof sales training. If you have an article on anything related to roofing sales (training, how-to, story, etc) I would love to post it. Obviously your credentials would be placed at the beginning and/or ending of the article.

There are lots of ways to do the video interview. The easiest would be to use a screen recording program and record a video conference.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:52 PM   #9

Trade:

Looking at your website it appears that it's well written and inviting.

Getting quality backlinks to your website will help you rank better in the search enginges. Link Exchanges won't hurt you if the site you are linking to has content that is relevant to yours, however it's self defeating in a way because you are just inviting the visitor to go to another website. Large "link exchanges" have been dead for some time now.
Last year Google went after lots of larger "content farms" like article directories and lately it's been blog networks, even some with very high page rank that were built for the purpose of getting high quality backlinks.

This does not mean backlinks don't work they just need to be placed more carefully now. Content syndication is a very good way to get backlinks and even some article directories are still valid . If you have any questions let me know. I just came across this forum doing some research and wanted to comment.
Thanks
Carlin
Old 04-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
Sales Connoisseur

In terms of linking back to your site, having "natural" links is obviously best. Teaming up with another person in the same/similar industry is one of the quickest ways to create "natural" back links - mostly because you're able to bridge the gap between 2 different groups of readers/subscribers.

Tags
pages, ranking, referring, resource, websites