Do you buy leads/referrals? - Business, Marketing, and Sales - Contractor Talk

Do you buy leads/referrals?

Old 08-22-2017, 09:24 PM   #1

Trade:

Do you buy leads/referrals?

Hi all - do you buy leads/referrals for your roofing business? I am a digital marketer and can generate leads. I am now wondering if roofers tend to buy leads and how I can go about selling these leads. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks.

Advertisement

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. RoofingTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 09-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #2

Trade:

Re: Do you buy leads/referrals?

Hi NickTango
I think there would be a big demand if you explained your product. I know of guys who invest in it and they never looked back.Although there are sites out there that get leads for a membership fee and pay per lead, ultimately you are bidding and competing against each other and although it separates the cowboys, its best for the customer...and your always one bad review away from losing your credibility. To pay a similar amount and get all of your leads guaranteed with no competition is the future.
Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #3
Web Developer

Trade: Satellite Roofing Estimates & Marketplace

There's a catch with selling leads, for a roofer - it's gambling. What we do is almost a lead generator. At https://roofr.com we provide homeowners with an instant estimate on our website, which flips the industry norm on its head (giving the roofer a satellite estimate).

After we contact the new lead and vett them, we connect them to one of our vetted roofers. By vetting everyone involved and managing the whole project, we increase conversions and reduce waste for everyone.

Selling leads can leave a bad taste in a roofer's mouth. Taking care of the 'not roofing' parts of their business adds tremendous value. Lead gen works, but don't expect the rockstars to be gambling with their business.
Old 06-26-2018, 11:28 AM   #4

Trade:

It is always best to take control of your own SEO and build local pages with your service_city . We mainly do fire and water damage restoration and get plenty of work from roofs that leak. Here is an example of what we do. Water Damage New Jersey
I am sure is you made similar pages for roofing contractor_ your town it will bring in business.
Another example Water Damage Wayne New Jersey
What if you did "Roofing repair Wayne New Jersey"?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:12 PM   #5

Trade:

Yes. We pay for leads.
It is just a cost of doing business. When someone refers you it is a lot easier to close the sale.
We have a bunch of contractors that refer us.
www.pdqfirewaterdamage.com