Please help identify this shingle

Old 10-10-2017, 08:43 PM   #1

Trade:

Please help identify this shingle

Can you help identify this shingle? It is a faux dimensional with this shadow line at the top creating depth fron ground view. Any help would be great. Working insurance claim but homeowner will not allow me to take itel sample to see if available.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 17FEA36A-3519-476C-A5B5-78DCDA027537_1507686093140.jpg (81.5 KB, 3 views)

Advertisement

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. RoofingTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 10-13-2017, 01:35 PM   #2

Trade:

Re: Please help identify this shingle

I need a little more info to start a proper search, could you post the Aproximate Age and US Area (ie southest northwest etc)?
Old 10-17-2017, 06:54 PM   #3

Trade:

About 15 years old mid atlantic just outside of washington dc
Old 10-18-2017, 08:23 AM   #4

Trade:

Here is a seemingly unrelated pdf that depicts what appears to be the shingle in question.
(check 4 pictures down, left hand side of the first page)
http://rci-online.org/wp-content/upl...-09-corbin.pdf

My best guess is that these are Owens Corning Prominence Shingles.
It matches the age and the region, but its not a perfect match for the patterning.
(I'll get to that in a moment)

Here is the original sell sheet:
http://www.buildsite.com/pdf/owensco...ata-241341.pdf

As for the patterning mismatch, It appears that these shingles loose alot of their superfluous color over time...

Here is a thread where a home inspector is asking about these shingles.
https://www.nachi.org/forum/f77/shin...install-84325/

And here is a cat adjusters forums post where the OP outlines that the prominence shingles "The faux-laminate strip wears off almost immediately. "
http://www.catadjuster.org/Forums/ta...9/Default.aspx