Roof sales pitch book

Old 05-31-2011, 10:51 AM   #1

Trade: window remodeling

Roof sales pitch book

I own a remodeling company in San Diego. We have been doing windows and exterior coating for a while and are adding roofing to our services. We are a canvas and event marketing company and need to add a roof sales pitch book for our sales team. Does anyone have a good roof pitch book for the 1 sit close that I can use as an example to build ours? Any help is much appreciated.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 05-31-2011, 02:08 PM   #2
Roofing Relapse

Re: Roof sales pitch book

I can sell you mine. How much is it worth to you and what details would you consider mandatory or necessary in a pitch book? You looking for a picture presentation book or you looking for closing scripts?
Old 06-01-2011, 05:17 AM   #3

Trade: Metal roofing

Check this thread. Free Sales Book - Roofing Pitch Book

You can get a free pitch book that will help you get more jobs.

Absolute Steel— Steel building and carport kits with nationwide jobsite delivery. Easy DIY—America’s easiest to install building system. Watch the video & see for yourself.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:21 AM   #4

Check this thread by daviddeschaine at Sales Training 10 Roofing Closes Video. He had posted a FREE Video To Help You With Closing More Roofing Sales. Hope this will be helpful to you as well.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:00 PM   #5

thanks guy. I already downloaded that pitch book. I was looking for something a bit more sophisticated.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:02 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
I can sell you mine. How much is it worth to you and what details would you consider mandatory or necessary in a pitch book? You looking for a picture presentation book or you looking for closing scripts?

I would like to hear what your pitch book contains. our windows and exterior coating pitch books have about 40 front and back pages to them. We guide our clients down a path to pinpoint the right product for their needs. If your roof pitch book is like that in a way I would love to hear a bit more of what it contains before we talk price
Old 06-03-2011, 08:06 AM   #7
Roofing Relapse

The pitch book is currently 40 pages. Some of that is pictures and addresses of completed jobs which I would delete, leaving the pitch book at about 30 pages (I didn't actually count).

The book starts with a something similiar to a table of contents so the sales rep can explain what he's about to explain. Then it goes into the installation process step by step from setup, tear off, underlayments, shingles, flashings, ventilation, various details, etc... there are pictures of each step because a picture speaks 1000 words.

It's a word document. Pictures and text can be easily removed, added or swapped out.

I also have an optional corresponding script I use to train my estimators. The script explains to them what they should be explaining with the photos. There's a couple closes in the script but nothing fancy, it mostly focuses on the technical.

I also have an optional document to train the non-roofer on how to measure and estimate roofs, and how to train the roofer on how to measure and estimate roofs. You can use these to train.

I've put hundreds of hours into these documents. But I am not looking to get rich since I created them for my company. If you make a reasonable offer, I will be happy to share. Feel free to PM me if you wish to speak privately.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:44 PM   #8

Hello Grumpy, I would be interested to take a sneak into that.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #9
Roofing Relapse

I can make a 4 or 5 page PDF to give you alittle preview. PM me your email address.
Old 06-07-2011, 12:32 AM   #10

I appreciate that. Could you kindly send that to mike(dot)siddle(at)gmail(dot)com?

Absolute Steel— Steel building and carport kits with nationwide jobsite delivery. Easy DIY—America’s easiest to install building system. Watch the video & see for yourself.

Tags
book, marketing, pitch, roof, sales