The TORCHKNIFE !

Old 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #1

Trade:

The TORCHKNIFE !

Hey guys ! I have recently developed a product called the torch knife that is very beneficial in the roofing industry it will help the commercial and the residential installers...My patent attorneys have advised me that I am able to market it now. I currently am looking for companies that would be able to manufacture this awesome design of a combined butane torch and utility knife (this is not the butta cut) so that stiff hard asphalt products could be cut through with ease in detailed areas that would be considered criticle... Boots,skylites,chimneys,etc... so that the installer would be able to deliver quality workmanship cuts every time. Even when the shingles would be considered to be hard or stiff due to non direct heat from the Sun or temperature.If anyone has any ideas of companies that would like to license or possibly purchase the patent. please also keep in mind that this product is a multi tool which would be very beneficial and other industries and trades for uses. and is not just limited to roofing. www.torchknife.com.

Last edited by BRANDON.B; 12-06-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: to add
Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 10-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #2
Roofing Relapse

Re: The TORCHKNIFE !

Personally wouldn't use. The last thing I want to do is introduce fire, even if contained, to one of my roofs. A $40 disposable circular saw works pretty well for what you described.

No cash necessary, but try the alibaba website, you'll probably have 1,000 chinamen beating down your door.
Old 10-31-2012, 09:15 AM   #3

Trade:

Re: The TORCHKNIFE !

thank you for your input grumpy... I do understand your point.But, I look at this product like this, if you do not have enough common sense or responsibility to use this tool in the beneficial way that it is made to be used then you should not even be on a roof using a saw or pneumatic equipment. it is just about as dangerous as it would be for any roofer that is lighting cigarettes or smoking on the roof while doing the installation and we all know that that takes place with 90 percent of all roofing project. plus the replacement of a 25 cent blade is cheaper than having to replace a 40 dollar saw all the time. but I do understand that everyone is entitled to their own opinions on this site.

Tags
torchknife