Killing it in Google - General Roofing Discussion - Contractor Talk

Killing it in Google

Old 06-06-2016, 03:29 PM   #1

Trade:

Killing it in Google

Hello Roofers,

My name is Bob and I just came across this forum and felt it was necessary to share some of my successes as of late. I recently hired a new web designer who specializes in SEO and boy am I glad that I did.

We started out by redesigning my site. You can check out our new one at www.southbendroofrepairs.com. When we first launched the new site, we were stuck on page 8. Not bad, but who goes to page 8 to look for roofing. In any event, he started to work his magic.

The first and most important item you need is 100% unique and authoritative content. Most people in our line of work like to use images to show their work. That is great, however, google does not notice images as well as it does well written authoritative content. Oh yeah, it has to be keyword optimized as well.

Content is just one of the areas needed to rank on google. Local Directory Citations are also needed for you to get noticed. This along with getting your business verified on google will get you located on the local area of google.

These are the things that we have done so far which have definitely helped. Since we have started, we have seen our business grow by an additional 30% in just a few months. Can't wait to see where this takes us. I know i'm rambling on right now, but I now realize how important having a good website can be to your business.

Best of luck to you all,
Bob

Advertisement

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. RoofingTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 06-07-2016, 02:25 PM   #2

Trade:

Re: Killing it in Google

We have had a similar experience in working the Internet. Original content and strong focus on roofing knowledge and roofer information. We get shake roof, flat roof, and comp roof jobs inclusive. We also run ads on Facebook and Google. Works well.

Todd
Emerald State Exteriors
Old 06-07-2016, 02:29 PM   #3

Trade: General Contractor

Looks like a good site. Glad to hear that you're doing well with your business. The internet is definitely the new Yellow Pages. Heck, you can hardly watch television without seeing a Home Advisor or Angie's List commercial.
Old 06-08-2016, 10:55 AM   #4

Trade: Author and roofing contractor advisor
Send a message via Skype™ to TopRankedRoofer

What Bob has said is happening for many contractors today - but it doesn't happen by accident. It's not luck.

It is understanding what Google wants from you - and giving it to them. What Google wants BTW is to provide a great search experience.

To their customer.

You, are NOT their customer (at least not in your desire to get your phone ringing with quality local leads).

Their customer is the person who searches using Google and when you provide the content that helps people solve their problems several things happen.

You become the "expert" and you also send signals back to G that your site helped solve someone's problem.

And they will reward you for that.

My only "plus" to what Bob said is that on many of my client sites, their completed work pictures/gallery is one of the most popular pages on their site. Why? People like to get ideas. Be the one that helps them "see" their new roof and you have a leg-up on selling it to them.
Old 06-08-2016, 11:52 AM   #5

Trade:

My Business with in Google Maps is very helpful as well.
Old 06-28-2016, 07:27 AM   #6

Trade:

Good to hear that SEO worked for your website and you are doing good business .. Congrats
Old 08-11-2016, 06:26 PM   #7

Trade:

Looked at Inbiz.gov. Searched south bend roof repairs

can't find your company or address. interesting
Old 10-18-2016, 12:38 PM   #8

Trade:

Hi All,

I'm a glass replacement and window replacement contractor, and we just redid our website. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

http://www.fastglassco.com
Old 10-24-2016, 03:36 AM   #9

Trade:

SEO can do wonders for you and your business. I'm glad to hear it Bob.

Victor
https://www.anchor-roofing.com/
Old 10-26-2016, 04:39 AM   #10

Trade:
Location: 2410 W. Memorial Road, Suite C #621 Oklahoma City, OK 73134 USA

I hired a SEO team few months back. My ranking on google search results was bad and after they updated my page, put on some new content, texts, started blogging, on-page optimization, guest blogging and all other kinds of stuff, my business is now on the first page of google when you search some keywords. Organic ranking is great and if you have time you should do it for your company or hire someone to do that for you.

Choice Solutions - Roofing and Exteriors