Roofing Repair Tools

Old 11-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #1

Trade: roofing accessories

Roofing Repair Tools

As a manufacturer and wholesaler of roofing tools we are interested in the experiences of the roofer in roofing construction and repair. Our main vision is to provide roofing repair tools that provide safety, convenience and comfort.

Do you experience any issues with roof brackets? What are your thoughts on gutter guards and ladder hooks? What do you currently use for tie-ing off? What are the main reasons for not using some safety tools? What are your main criteria when buying roofing tools?

Do you feel the roofing industry is missing a "must-have" roofing tool? What would make your job safer and easier?

You experiences are really valuable to our NPD team.

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 12-10-2009, 03:01 AM   #2

Trade: Roofing expert

Re: Roofing Repair Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoofingSafety View Post
As a manufacturer and wholesaler of roofing tools we are interested in the experiences of the roofer in roofing construction and repair. Our main vision is to provide roofing repair tools that provide safety, convenience and comfort.

Do you experience any issues with roof brackets? What are your thoughts on gutter guards and ladder hooks? What do you currently use for tie-ing off? What are the main reasons for not using some safety tools? What are your main criteria when buying roofing tools?

Do you feel the roofing industry is missing a "must-have" roofing tool? What would make your job safer and easier?

You experiences are really valuable to our NPD team.
Can you please post some roofing tools details here and their pictures?

I lost some roofing tools, its my friend tools actually and i'm going to replaced it..

Thanks!

Last edited by 88dblifestyle; 12-14-2009 at 03:16 AM.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:41 PM   #3

Trade: roofing contractor

If you are looking to purchase new roofing tools, the Stealth Chimney Flashing Brake should be the first on your list. Please feel free to visit our Flashingmaster56 photo page and see for your self the nice work you can do with this little flashing brake.
Old 01-19-2010, 04:37 PM   #4

Thants not really a brake you know.
Old 04-15-2010, 02:37 AM   #5
Banned

Trade: roofing contractor

Gutter guards are a much-needed architectural feature for homes and other buildings in cold climates. Even though they are in use in some hotter climates, gutter guards are of particular importance in these cold regions where gutters are most prone to clog up with foliage and other botanical material, causing serious structural damage to the building.
Old 04-16-2010, 08:56 AM   #6

Would you find a temporary gutter guard helpful in your roof repairs when tearing off shingles? This would allow you to hold the scraps on the roof and simply sweep them to the side in a garbabe bin. One - it will protect the gutters from damage and Two - it will save loads of clean up time afterward
Old 08-13-2010, 05:12 AM   #7

Trade: Roofing contractor

Roof brackets are very helpful on scaffolding installing a new roof. It can easily remove after scaffolding installing that to with out leaving a mark on roof. Gutter guards is best for protecting the home by keeping gutters and downspouts clear of blockage, gutter guards help alleviate some of the serious home defects that would otherwise result.
All roofing tools will be very useful and helps to roofing contractors to identify and rectify the roofing problem better.

Last edited by jimsonburg; 10-28-2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #8

I would vote for Rippers,they are of different types have been used for years to pull roofing from its framework. Straight-edge roof rippers are used for removing tar and rolled-out roofing, which is still in common use.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:04 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 88dblifestyle View Post
Can you please post some roofing tools details here and their pictures?

I lost some roofing tools, its my friend tools actually and i'm going to replaced it..

Thanks!
You can find our roofing tools on our website at http://www.roofersworld.com/roofing-...ooks-jacks.htm or on our online store at www.roofersworldstore.com. There are a serious of tear off tools, roofing knives/blades, hammers/hatchets/tackers, roofing brackets, and work wear.
Old 10-28-2010, 09:10 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by seoforu View Post
I would vote for Rippers,they are of different types have been used for years to pull roofing from its framework. Straight-edge roof rippers are used for removing tar and rolled-out roofing, which is still in common use.

Metal roofing and repairs

Thanks you for your comments! On another note, I checked out your site and noticed you specialize in waterproofing, repairs and metal retrofitting. Have you tried Eternabond - the leak repair tape for small leak repairs or preventative maintenance? Or Snostop snow guards for metal roof snow protection?