Roof Pump Product Concept

Old 07-30-2010, 08:42 AM   #1

Trade: Product development

Roof Pump Product Concept

Looking for advice- Our company is developing a small solar powered pump that is capable of removing water down to 1/2 inch. The product will operate off of a NiMh battery that will be charges via a small solar panel. The pump will turn on automatically when water is present and will be able to pump over 200 gallons on a single battery charge. The unit will be small and portable and quite affordable- Is this a product that could work in flat roof application. Would appreciate any feedback from folks in the industry. Thanks

Warning: The topics covered on this site include activities in which there exists the potential for serious injury or death. ContractorTalk.com DOES NOT guarantee the accuracy or completeness of any information contained on this site. Always use proper safety precaution and reference reliable outside sources before attempting any construction or remodeling task!

Old 07-30-2010, 12:29 PM   #2
Roofing Relapse

Re: Roof Pump Product Concept

I've seen these before. i think GAF made or marketed them.

I was looking for one once but was unable to find anything and none of my suppliers had a clue.

In my opinion, it's a band aid approach to getting water off a roof, but it'll work.
Old 07-30-2010, 01:26 PM   #3

Trade: Product development

Grumpy

Thanks for the feedback. I could send you a free product sample for evaluation/ beta test when we run our first pilot production. We are still in prototype stage so it will be a bit before we have Beta units. If interested send me and email with shipping info Jeff.schopperle@itt.com Regards
Old 08-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #4
Roofing Relapse

Yeah I'll try one out. If nothing else it may help out as a temporary means to remove water from a roof before a repair can be made. I actually have one roof in mind where I can try it... Email sending now.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:47 AM   #5

I would be interested in trying a beta test of one aswell seeing I do a lot of flat roofs
Old 08-13-2010, 02:00 AM   #6

Trade: Roofing contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofpump44 View Post
Looking for advice- Our company is developing a small solar powered pump that is capable of removing water down to 1/2 inch. The product will operate off of a NiMh battery that will be charges via a small solar panel. The pump will turn on automatically when water is present and will be able to pump over 200 gallons on a single battery charge. The unit will be small and portable and quite affordable- Is this a product that could work in flat roof application. Would appreciate any feedback from folks in the industry. Thanks

Most probably the water not stored on flat roof for remove.any way it is good plan to develop a solar powered pump. I have some knowledge on solar powered pumps. That I want to share with you. A solar-powered pump will deliver a slow, steady flow of water during the daylight hours. A moderately-sized system will give you around 350 gallons per day, depending on sun availability, pump size and well depth.

Last edited by jimsonburg; 08-13-2010 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:07 PM   #7

Such a product already exists:

http://www.pondingpump.com
Old 12-15-2010, 06:10 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimsonburg View Post
Most probably the water not stored on flat roof for remove.any way it is good plan to develop a solar powered pump. I have some knowledge on solar powered pumps. That I want to share with you. A solar-powered pump will deliver a slow, steady flow of water during the daylight hours. A moderately-sized system will give you around 350 gallons per day, depending on sun availability, pump size and well depth.
Ours will remove upwards of 200 gallons per hour and will do that for 8-10 per charge. Recharges itself, of course.
Old 04-14-2011, 06:43 PM   #9

Trade: contractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roofpump44 View Post

Please let us know if they are available, your suggested spacing and what type of pressure we can expect.

Also what is the cost.

Thank you!